Please help a preemie

2bliss

Excuse my hijack, but I can't keep quiet any longer. I am bursting with joy, as my wife is 11 weeks pregnant after trying for 13 years, and us giving up hope. God is faithful to His promise He gave me in 2010, and despite me losing hope, my wife is doing well. Also, we did not see any doctor in her conceiving effort, so truly we see this as a miracle.

Congratulations, Robbie, to you and your wife. Awesome!

There should be a thread for the next generation of little Hubbers so everyone can post pics of ultrasounds, bellies, and new arrivals.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse my hijack, but I can't keep quiet any longer. I am bursting with joy, as my wife is 11 weeks pregnant after trying for 13 years, and us giving up hope. God is faithful to His promise He gave me in 2010, and despite me losing hope, my wife is doing well. Also, we did not see any doctor in her conceiving effort, so truly we see this as a miracle.

Fantastic! Our little princess is 7 months. Born after 10 years of marriage and some heartbreak.

If you can, find and attend antenatal classes. It helps you to "prepare" (impossible actually) and the support structure it provides afterwards is excellent (our antenatal class gets together at least once a month to exchange war stories)

Fantastic! Our little princess is 7 months. Born after 10 years of marriage and some heartbreak.

If you can, find and attend antenatal classes. It helps you to "prepare" (impossible actually) and the support structure it provides afterwards is excellent (our antenatal class gets together at least once a month to exchange war stories)

Definitely. We have 3 WhatsApp groups running from our class (all, moms, dads). Everyone shares their experiences and tips.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Wowie.. congratulations..that is fantastic news...now go buy some bubble wrap and wrap your wife up.[emoji322]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Did they stop the labour? Mom and baby fine?

Yes :) sorry for delay missed the post.

Wife now past the 34 weeks mark and worries about early no longer a concern.

Wife has developed some sever allergies however and is coughing up a storm, unfortunately nothing can really be done to resolve this past the meds already prescribed.

Its slightly heartbreaking not being able to help or make things better.

Wife is insistent that little one will still be early with amount of activity she is showing :)

Congrats Robbie Go buy big tub of body butter at bodyshop (let wife pick scent) they have 3 for 2 special atm.

Nice one Robbie. Trusting for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Enjoy your last few months of peace in the house

Congratulations - bit of a shock to the system I guess... my wife and I gave up after seven years and some test results that showed it wasn't going to happen... guess what... wasn't 6 weeks... and repeated 3 years later again - now 10 and 7.

I wish you and your wife all the best - hope it's an uneventful pregnancy for you both.

Nice one Robbie. Trusting for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Enjoy your last few months of peace in the house

Congratulations - bit of a shock to the system I guess... my wife and I gave up after seven years and some test results that showed it wasn't going to happen... guess what... wasn't 6 weeks... and repeated 3 years later again - now 10 and 7.

I wish you and your wife all the best - hope it's an uneventful pregnancy for you both.

Thanks Fabes and V12,

We had our first scan on Thursday, and to see that miracle was just so humbling. I am still overwhelmed by the fact I get to be a dad, and I feel so privileged.

post-103677-0-97788600-1511116902_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Wife went in yesterday afternoon with some pain, proved to be time. Amelia Jayne was born around 6pm yesterday at 3.4kg Healthy slightly low blood sugar as expected from diabetic mother.

This morning she is doing better with sugar increasing and mommy starting to recover from her super low sugars.

She has been little angel so far (stubborn as hell when she doesn't want to feed

Wife went in yesterday afternoon with some pain, proved to be time. Amelia Jayne was born around 6pm yesterday at 3.4kg Healthy slightly low blood sugar as expected from diabetic mother.

This morning she is doing better with sugar increasing and mommy starting to recover from her super low sugars.

She has been little angel so far (stubborn as hell when she doesn't want to feed

Congratulations!

awesome dude!!!

don't stress about the feeding. our princess also didn't want to feed, we had to wake her sometimes to eat. now she chomps like a champ.

enjoy every moment 

• 2 weeks later...

Today is Karmi's five-month "birthday". She weighs a hair over 4kg, so still a tiny little thing. She is healthy and we are very grateful for that! She is a very bad sleeper though - short naps only. She seems none the worse for this, but I cannot say the same for her parents :P

post-63219-0-18666000-1513687006_thumb.jpg

post-63219-0-95847200-1513687021_thumb.jpg

post-63219-0-23547600-1513687033_thumb.jpg