[Event] The Munga MTB 2017

Slowbee

I've just pinged Pieter to beware but his tracker hasn't updated for over an hour.

I saw that..must be very very frustrating for you..

Colin is further down that wrong road now... doesn't he have anyone that can warn him..oh man it's heart breaking.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that..must be very very frustrating for you..

Colin is further down that wrong road now... doesn't he have anyone that can warn him..oh man it's heart breaking.

Pieter is fine he's sleeping over in Fraserburg until 2am and then he's setting off for Sutherland for a short rest before his assault on the finish. He says his butt is on fire and he had plasters on which pulled the skin off. Eish , he's lying 21st I hope he can keep up his riding pace which is circa 20kph.

2nd place is going to be interesting. 

The poor guys must be giving all they got to get away from each other.  And all this after 900kms.

Must be mentally and physically tough going to be close racing each other at this stage.

That's an extra 20km or so....wouldn't wanna be near him at the mo. Those expletives will be waaay colourful I''m sure. Damn these guys are mad.

Catching myself daydreaming how cool it would be to ride along these roads in the middle of nowhere....then I wake up and realise the paincave I would be in and how mad I need to be. I cry at 160km events. But still.....maybe one day  :whistling: 

me neither.

BUT from what I can remember the only actual development riders who have ever entered this have been from his academy. I think that is a bit of an issue

Well as a % of all the development riders in SA how many would have had the coaching/motivation to do this? Look at the number of riders (Non Dev) riding as a % of all cyclists in SA

I think with finnish times this quick it could be a shift in preparation for next year's competitors, train harder for higher pace, and go super light, the lightest compulsory gear you can find, barely enough water to get between water points and 1 set of kit for whole race and a ton of caffeine to avoid sleep

This is good unless you have last year's headwind for more than a day, then things get different. You cant compare one year to the next due to the time and weather conditions.

Colins turned! Awesome that he picked up the navigation error! :clap:

Thank heavens

Is MM in the signal dead zone, not been updated for 28 mins?

Thought they would have sorted that after last year...

you okes are so spoilt with current tracking systems. If only you knew the crap dotwatchers had to deal with 10/15 years when they came out initially!

you okes are so spoilt with current tracking systems. If only you knew the crap dotwatchers had to deal with 10/15 years when they came out initially!

That's like saying we shoud all be happy with floppy disks, pit latrines and 26ers :D . This world is about progress man progress.

Even 5 years ago the tech was pretty bad.

The bricks you had to carry with battery spans of 48 hours with impossibly fickle signal.

That was part of the fun... shouting at the screen only to find the dot suddenly time warps 24km in the right direction!