Tour de France 2018

gummibear

Shout slogans in English too........that will make you even more popular

I was going to chant "cheese eating surrender monkeys" on my way up

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to wear my Team Sky shirt on Sunday so that I can "taunt the French some more...."

Do you ever not wear your Sky top? :ph34r:

Haha, my thoughts exactly. Nothing like a Clarkson quote on a Friday

Best get yourself to a WWI history class chop-chop before letting that old chestnut loose.

Ok ok - I'll chant "richard virenque, richard virenque . . . My truth" then.

:-)

If this race were politics it could play out as follows:

- Race is under threat from disruption and image issues.

- Sky taking heat because of Froome.

- Froome in potential danger from lunatic fringe.

Solution. Froome rides a few days, has a minor "incident" and withdraws from the race and is compensated for his disappointment and comes back next year and wins his fifth tile...….

Minor "incident" being a French frozen baguette across the face, to the chant of "allez les bleus"

Minor "incident" being a French frozen baguette across the face, to the chant of "allez les bleus"

No self respecting Frenchman would freeze a baguette! The shame!

Stopped cycling 18 months ago and stopped visiting here at the same time. Turns out I still like watching the racing and really enjoyed the Giro, obviously. Then I remembered how much fun it was to watch with you lot and decided to join in with the fun.

I seem to remember everyone was really friendly and no one ever got nasty and we all agreed with each other about everything. Oh and there are no Sagan fans at all and we all love Froome and team Sky. Is it still like that. Will I be safe?

Stopped cycling 18 months ago and stopped visiting here at the same time. Turns out I still like watching the racing and really enjoyed the Giro, obviously. Then I remembered how much fun it was to watch with you lot and decided to join in with the fun.

I seem to remember everyone was really friendly and no one ever got nasty and we all agreed with each other about everything. Oh and there are no Sagan fans at all and we all love Froome and team Sky. Is it still like that. Will I be safe?

Safe.....All that matters is that you are Happy

My corny post of the day

Do you think the fact that BMC are mostly likely folding could effect Richie Portes support from his team? A lot of the riders will have been negotiating, looking for or signed with new teams, teams that are also riding the tour with GC or stage ambitions. 

There is always the comment about riders at worlds being called on to ride for their trade team leaders in certain situations. Could there be a worry for Porte in keeping the team he's brought rallied around him for the whole tour? 

I assume you stopped cycling due to a crash and you fell on your head as to me it seems as if your memory might be slightly faded ...  :whistling:

I assume you stopped cycling due to a crash and you fell on your head as to me it seems as if your memory might be slightly faded ...  :whistling:

Fair question. I did fall on my head on several occasions actually. Fell on everything just about. It was fun. I may start again but no more racing for me. Too time consuming.

Truth is I missed the enthusiasm and knowledge I found on this forum when watching the races. It added a whole level of fun to the races.

I see a lot of the same names around still. Is that mad woman with the passion for Sagan still around, Gen?

Fair question. I did fall on my head on several occasions actually. Fell on everything just about. It was fun. I may start again but no more racing for me. Too time consuming.

Truth is I missed the enthusiasm and knowledge I found on this forum when watching the races. It added a whole level of fun to the races.

I see a lot of the same names around still. Is that mad woman with the passion for Sagan still around, Gen?

You're probably about to find out - particularly if you say his name 3 times in a row............

And the Lady Pro’s thread is still going. What a disappointment. Can’t believe women are objectified like that. Awful. Imagine a woman behaved like that about a male cyclist. Wouldn’t happen of course.

Archived