Tour de France 2018

gummibear

Will miss the fantasy league - but also good to sit back and just enjoy the racing.

Groenewegen does seem to be the man in form this year...

Do you have a complete start list for the race?

This one:

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-de-france/2018/startlist

doesn't seem complete.

Most teams haven't confirmed their starting line-ups..will probably be out the week before it starts.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who are your sources? :mellow:

Sounds promising, but the silence from you lot have had us (me) worried..

So when is the deadline for ASO to make the call on whether Froome will be allowed to compete or not?

So when is the deadline for ASO to make the call on whether Froome will be allowed to compete or not?

I would guess... not a moment before his Salbutomol case has been concluded... Fair process et al.

Can they do that? My thinking was that any "UCI-certified" cyclist can ride if selected by their team. I can see Brailsford going 'Bouhanni' on someone if that happened

Please elaborate on this

Entries will more than likely open early next week.

Can they do that? My thinking was that any "UCI-certified" cyclist can ride if selected by their team. I can see Brailsford going 'Bouhanni' on someone if that happened

Apparently, there is a rule that allows them to deny entry to a rider or team whose presence is judged potentially detrimental to the image of the event.

But considering all the dodgy riders they've allowed to ride le Tour over the years, I doubt they could justify applying it to Froome.

Apparently, there is a rule that allows them to deny entry to a rider or team whose presence is judged potentially detrimental to the image of the event.

But considering all the dodgy riders they've allowed to ride le Tour over the years, I doubt they could justify applying it to Froome.

HA HA!

Justify!

The French media?

HAHA

Good one

Let’s hope not, because that would BU 3/4 the excitement

Apparently, there is a rule that allows them to deny entry to a rider or team whose presence is judged potentially detrimental to the image of the event.

that and the lunatic french fans have been stockpiling their urine for months to lob at Froome...  :eek: 

that and the lunatic french fans have been stockpiling their urine for months to lob at Froome...  :eek: 

Perhaps they can raise public health concerns as a reason to bar him  ;)

My understanding was that he has been advised that the maximum penalty (or most likely penalty) that he might receive was a 6-month ban backdated to the date of the offence. So even if they do find against him his results on the Giro and the TdF would still stand. He might be stripped of the Vuelta title however.

My understanding was that he has been advised that the maximum penalty (or most likely penalty) that he might receive was a 6-month ban backdated to the date of the offence. So even if they do find against him his results on the Giro and the TdF would still stand. He might be stripped of the Vuelta title however.

Well if he gets stripped of the Vuelta, and he does the Giro/TdF double am sure he will go for the Vuelta again to try to get all 3 !!

Oh I couldn't be bothered about their team info and opinions.. it's the comprehensive stage info I am after..can't say what it looked like the last few years as I stopped buying it...but this edition is almost as good as the official race book we normally download.. would still like to see them include more details of the the last km of the stages but this better than what it used to be..

You are the type of fan cycling needs more of!!!

Archived