Scammer +27(60)340-0804

1cepick

Hi guys

On 06 October I listed my Scott Genius on BikeHub.

2-4 hours after the add this dude phones me that he wants to buy the bike but he cannot wait until the Monday because the bike will be used for a race.

He asked for banking details which I send him and yip I received a SMS from "Standard Bank".

Tsebo Letumile Monama - tsletumile00@gmail.com

Payment from NGL Attorneys 

Ref: Letumile

I was suppose to meet at the Hatfield Gautrain Station in Hatfield where Kieth will hand the Proof of Payment to me and pick-up the bike.

Keith +27(710 801-6430 then phone me and told me no I need to go to the Pretoria Gautrain station.

Well neither did the POP clear and I did not hand over the bike.

Please just beware 

Thanks for the headsup.

I wonder why it is one post wonders are always approaching the Hub with tales of woe instead of joining for the correct reasons.

Either bike stolen - help?

Scammer - help?

Hi guys

On 06 October I listed my Scott Genius on BikeHub.

2-4 hours after the add this dude phones me that he wants to buy the bike but he cannot wait until the Monday because the bike will be used for a race.

He asked for banking details which I send him and yip I received a SMS from "Standard Bank".

Tsebo Letumile Monama - tsletumile00@gmail.com

Payment from NGL Attorneys 

Ref: Letumile

I was suppose to meet at the Hatfield Gautrain Station in Hatfield where Kieth will hand the Proof of Payment to me and pick-up the bike.

Keith +27(710 801-6430 then phone me and told me no I need to go to the Pretoria Gautrain station.

Well neither did the POP clear and I did not hand over the bike.

Please just beware 

NGL Attorneys are in Alberton (how ironic is that?!?!), I suggest you contact them to warn them a scammer is using their company in their dirty business.

https://www.attorneys.co.za/CompanyHomePage.asp?CompanyID=463 

Thanks for the headsup.

I wonder why it is one post wonders are always approaching the Hub with tales of woe instead of joining for the correct reasons.

Either bike stolen - help?

Scammer - help?

How is this not 'the correct reason'?

OP posted to warn everyone

Help ???

How is this not 'the correct reason'?

OP posted to warn everyone

Help ???

OP did state that he advertised his bike for sale. If admin can confirm that said OP did infact place an ad then I don't believe this is a "scam" But rather a warning to all fellow hubbers...

Quick 1, why would OP claim he was nearly scammed if he has nothing to gain from the post but rather actually warn others about the perps?? Thanks OP for the heads up...

BTW, when pop is received, how does one authenticate it?

Not sure but for me personally I would wait till the money reflects in my account but is that even safe?

OP did state that he advertised his bike for sale. If admin can confirm that said OP did infact place an ad then I don't believe this is a "scam" But rather a warning to all fellow hubbers...

Quick 1, why would OP claim he was nearly scammed if he has nothing to gain from the post but rather actually warn others about the perps?? Thanks OP for the heads up...

You are missing my point.

Read Sepia's post (to which I replied) stating that 'people should join the hub for the correct reasons, and not because they got scammed, and are looking for help'.

To which I replied that how is warning the rest of the Hub about a scam not the right reason, and that the OP did not ask for help.

Not sure but for me personally I would wait till the money reflects in my account but is that even safe?

Ja thats the issue Bennie. If they bank a stolen cheque with the help of a teller to take the hold off the cheque. The money reflects until the cheque refers to drawer.

I sold a piece of equipmemt. Felt very uneasy about the deal. But the money reflected in my account.

Machine was loaded and I was just about to leave to deliver in JHB.

Checked my bank again, money was reflecting. Then I clicked on the actual entry on the statement. (Nedbank). It showed a cheque deposit from a pre school in Hillbrow. Called them, the cheque book had been stolen a week before.

So the teller had to be in on it as it reflected as a cash deposit.

I reported it to Nedbank but never recieved any feedback.

Edited by Vetseun

You are missing my point.

Read Sepia's post (to which I replied) stating that 'people should join the hub for the correct reasons, and not because they got scammed, and are looking for help'.

To which I replied that how is warning the rest of the Hub about a scam not the right reason, and that the OP did not ask for help.

I only see now I replied to the wrong comment... I totally agree with you and was actually supposed to reply to Sepia's post.. My bad... I am in agreement with you 100%...

I only see now I replied to the wrong comment... I totally agree with you and was actually supposed to reply to Sepia's post.. My bad... I am in agreement with you 100%...

Shot. No problem