Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

Nope.. he wasn't held up in the crash he was poorly positioned towards the end and was boxed in.

"It was a tough day, the guys did a good job just keeping me at the front and unfortunately just before the final I got caught in a bit of a hold up against the barriers in the last kilometre," Froome told Cyclingnews after his post-stage warm down in a carpark on the outskirts of Caltagirone.

"I lost position at quite a critical moment so I wasn't very well placed coming into that final kick."

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Daaaamn I need to learn to read betterer!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mixed feeling about that but all I can say is ..

always look on the bright side of life..

Do we really need to have an opinion? I like bike riding - they rode bikes - doesn't really matter where...

Do we really need to have an opinion? I like bike riding - they rode bikes - doesn't really matter where...

Yes we do need to have an opinion

Yes it matters where

I have a friend that is in Sicily atm.. he went to meet Etna yesterday..still chirped him that he really is getting his spot early, he isn't even a big cycling fan but as he is in the area he'll enjoy the Giro as it passes

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Life just isn't fair is it?  ;)

Mixed feeling about that but all I can say is ..

always look on the bright side of life..

Geographically accurate to the song, nice!

Yes we do need to have an opinion

Yes it matters where

Why? So we have opinions. Unless you turn that opinion into action it's irrelevant.

Yes we do need to think about things, but I am here for the cycling and seeing all those  enthusiastic fans on the side of the closed highways and byways was just great. Also got to see the landscape of Israel, I have always been curious, but if I went there I would be sure to go to the West Bank and Gaza as well.

Apparently it was the biggest sporting event to have taken place there.

Besides I have always had a soft spot for those hard core Israeli women....

https://youtu.be/th8DHQvoRU8

This is happening already - look at the early-season UAE stage races. Abu Dhabi has a ~100km dedicated cycling path that is well-maintained for anyone to ride. they're pumping huge loot into the sport there, and aim at challenging the grand tours in future.

Not even there money can create Alpine stages and historical villages and scenes as witnessed in Euroland

Not even there money can create Alpine stages and historical villages and scenes as witnessed in Euroland

Yip

You cannot buy class, tradition and heritage................

Whoa! Is that a record for fastest break ever established?

Mullen went off like a scalded cat (and took team mate Didier with him!).

Mullen for the stage win today - purely because I'm in an underdog mood and perhaps the GC teams will be conserving energy for tomorrow....

Yes we do need to think about things, but I am here for the cycling and seeing all those  enthusiastic fans on the side of the closed highways and byways was just great. Also got to see the landscape of Israel, I have always been curious, but if I went there I would be sure to go to the West Bank and Gaza as well.

Apparently it was the biggest sporting event to have taken place there.

Besides I have always had a soft spot for those hard core Israeli women....

7 years of good luck...apparently? :whistling:

https://youtu.be/th8DHQvoRU8

I thought the Jerusalem TT was rad. 

There are also some pretty rubbish flat days in Europe on some flat days... The towns are just different and there were no castles to ogle... 

I don't see why everyone is so incensed. The finale tomorrow will make up for any week one frailties in the route. 

Guys are not stingy with their whining!

L'chaim dudes... embrace it

http://www.steephill.tv/2018/giro-d-italia/photos/stage-05/050-CORVOS_00029535-032.jpg

http://www.steephill.tv/2018/giro-d-italia/photos/stage-05/105-_FF41951.jpg

Archived