Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

Froome and Sky took some bad vibes from the crowd at the TDF team intro's yesterday.Sure it will not be the last

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting and balanced views by Ross Tucker. He does touch on some of the points we have already discussed here.

Thinly veiled call for more entrenched support of poor science for the greater good.

The science is poorly developed, over hyped in its ability to deliver conclusive results and mistakenly touted as the Gospel truth of evidence of doping. Time and volume of testing is proving that to not be the case

When I look at some of the riders at the start of a GT they appear to have slight pot bellies (boepies). They appear to gradually reduce these but not all the riders.

What I'm seeing in the data is that Sky  used the first 10 days of the Giro as final race prep and then had Froome peak in the last week when h e needed to be on form. In the past they appeared to peak in the 2nd week and then hang on during week three.

To lose 2kg and time that loss to coincide with physical peaking takes some robust and proven sports science.

This was a strategy used by Big Mig in his 5 tour wins.

Indurain would go into the tour 3 kgs overweight and gradually ride it off in the first two weeks so that he was at his ideal climbing weight when they hit the mountains.

Going for a sixth win in 1995 it was so cold and wet during those weeks that he had to abandon his usual calorie intake just to keep warm, could not shed the weight, got clubbed in the hills and finished 11 behind Bjarne Riis.

I would love to see how unusual conditions (much colder, much hotter, much more inconsistent, etc.) would be handled by current teams.

I wonder if Ross had a thing for Michelle and Chris beat him to the bedroom because the degree of negativity in that little man's heart is going to put him in the grave early due to a broken heart. Jeez zus doesn't he ever stop??

Lol ????

Yeah I’ve wondered before IF there is something else driving his comments

Hell hath no fury like a scientist scorned

Thinly veiled call for more entrenched support of poor science for the greater good.

The science is poorly developed, over hyped in its ability to deliver conclusive results and mistakenly touted as the Gospel truth of evidence of doping. Time and volume of testing is proving that to not be the case

I am a Chris fan and will be cheering him on. But I also totally understand where Tucker is coming from.

The overturning is evidence of sub-standard science and/or inability or lack of will to follow it through properly. It is a serious setback for testing.

But: it was for a drug whose performance enhancement properties are negligible. They did supply evidence backing up their claims, and WADA appears to have accepted the evidence, even if that evidence was a breakdown in process.

I do think the 1500 pages needs to be published and their 'nothing to see hear, enjoy the cycling' thing is bogus.

I also think Richie Porte knows exactly what goes on at Sky and if he has the kahoonas should tell the world the secret or must shut up if there isn't one. The omerta thing is also bogus and is why we are in this mess in the first place.

This was a strategy used by Big Mig in his 5 tour wins.

Indurain would go into the tour 3 kgs overweight and gradually ride it off in the first two weeks so that he was at his ideal climbing weight when they hit the mountains.

Going for a sixth win in 1995 it was so cold and wet during those weeks that he had to abandon his usual calorie intake just to keep warm, could not shed the weight, got clubbed in the hills and finished 11 behind Bjarne Riis.

I would love to see how unusual conditions (much colder, much hotter, much more inconsistent, etc.) would be handled by current teams.

BigMig would have been 5kg lighter if he wasn't up to his eyeballs in EPO!

It still blows my mind that guys my height and weight used to win the Tour....

I am a Chris fan and will be cheering him on. But I also totally understand where Tucker is coming from.

The overturning is evidence of sub-standard science and/or inability or lack of will to follow it through properly. It is a serious setback for testing.

But: it was for a drug whose performance enhancement properties are negligible. They did supply evidence backing up their claims, and WADA appears to have accepted the evidence, even if that evidence was a breakdown in process.

I do think the 1500 pages needs to be published and their 'nothing to see hear, enjoy the cycling' thing is bogus.

I also think Richie Porte knows exactly what goes on at Sky and if he has the kahoonas should tell the world the secret or must shut up if there isn't one. The omerta thing is also bogus and is why we are in this mess in the first place.

Omerta will always remain

It's like the plumbers code or the locksmiths secret hand shake.

Quote: 'culminating an excruciating January for the greatest African road cyclist in history.'

pfffft, last time I checked he has a British flag next to his name on the entry list?

Wonder where his taxes and UCI Licences go to/through?

Sucks for the South African and African Cyclists who are proud to wear their African Countries colours and have their African Countrie's flag next to their name.

Quote: 'culminating an excruciating January for the greatest African road cyclist in history.'

pfffft, last time I checked he has a British flag next to his name on the entry list?

Wonder where his taxes and UCI Licences go to/through?

Sucks for the South African and African Cyclists who are proud to wear their African Countries colours and have their African Countrie's flag next to their name.

Has a place in Monaco, so not sure there is much.....

Jeez, I hope there was some motorpacing involved here:

.....an incredible distance of 271km, climbing 3,485m along the way, while averaging 45km/h. 

I saw him that day.

Pretty sure it was an attempt to replicate the test results from the Vuelta.

Hasnt he moved to Steyn City?

Not a clue... hill training might be a bit better there though, so might explain him holding all three GT's at the same time  :ph34r:

Archived