Altercation in Strand

Schmorglebot

Im sure the BMW dude sat on his hooter for NO reason at all. I think the cyclists behaviour instigated it,

You know what they say about assumptions......

Just saying....I have seen some weeeeiiiiirrrrdddd **** in my days. 

Never assume.

Ever.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

......and just what did anyone achieve here? Pray tell, because I cant see it.

Well BLACKvoodoo and Patch got to have a little fight, which is really just like a miniature verson of this situation but instead of the road happened on the interwebs.

Other than that, I'm not really 100% sure whats going on besides dudes being aggressive and breaking each others stuff. Which is beyond me at the best of times.

All said and done.

I miss the old days where, if you disagreed with someone or did not like his face or horse (BMW), you could settle it out in front of the bar.

Shoot the crap out of each other and move on.

......and just what did anyone achieve here? Pray tell, because I cant see it.

We agree on something related to modern events... Bloody hell.

(Now, you have to misinterpret my tone, and we have to have a trans-Atlantic winkie war...)

All said and done.

I miss the old days where, if you disagreed with someone or did not like his face or horse (BMW), you could settle it out in front of the bar.

Shoot the crap out of each other and move on.

To be honest I'd rather be bumped by a car and live, then have somebody shoot me outside a bar because they did not like my horse. The guys in this story are pretty cool compared to that. 

I keep thinking back to the video of the roadie trying to "stab" the taxi driver with his wheel through the window in Camps Bay

Edited by Chingy182

I keep thinking back to the video of the roadie trying to "stab" the taxi driver with his wheel through the window in Camps Bay

hahahahahaha that was amazing..

'Take That!'.... boing....

Situations like these always makes me think of the way we are raised.

"Be the better guy" vs "Stand up for yourself".

In a lot of confrontations, a person cannot retaliate with equal amount of force. Either the situation is escalated (flipping the bird) or pacified (just riding along.)

The one generates more aggression after each retaliation, the other results in the aggressor not learning a lesson, and continuing bad behavior. A very crude extrapolation:

• USA threatens Japan, Japan bombs Pearl harbor, USA drops 2 nuclear bombs.
  • Taxi drivers keep driving recklessly without confrontation because most other drivers have a 'let it go' mentality. Taxi driver's now own the road resulting in a more dangerous commute for all.

Damn... this thread escalated quickly. From talking about traffic to people getting banned. Lekker man.

Damn... this thread escalated quickly. From talking about traffic to people getting banned. Lekker man.

Wait What?! What did I miss?  :huh:

You know what they say about assumptions......

Just saying....I have seen some weeeeiiiiirrrrdddd **** in my days. 

Never assume.

Ever.

But you can draw conclusions based on experience.

I said "I think" the cyclist did something to cause the BMW to hoot, I did not say "I know".

Of course there is a possibility that the BMW driver with his family simply decided to randomly climb on his hooter, but that would be the exception not the rule.