Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

Divorce taking longer than expected, **** from her...

Tying up my dad's estate

Blew my caddy's head gasket on the way to Swellendam for my lightie's first camping trip (needs new cam / followers / intake valves / head skim etc)

Too much food

Not enough time for exercise (work has been HECTIC - busiest time of the year)

general shaite.

Essentially Feb was a non-movement month for the weight.

But.

Joined the gym again (lifting to supplement cycling)

Got my lightie back out on his new bike

Spent 2 weekends in a row with lightie

Work is going very well (even though it's *** busy)

Home is mostly sorted

Friends are awesome

Chill time is PROPER chill time.

So you having more freedom with the divorce etc is now biting you in the ass. See you had a lekker opskop the other night. Lekker man.

Good luck with all the **** you dealing with.

Ps take up boxing if you can. Will help with weight loss and will help the cycling

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you having more freedom with the divorce etc is now biting you in the ass. See you had a lekker opskop the other night. Lekker man.

Good luck with all the **** you dealing with.

Ps take up boxing if you can. Will help with weight loss and will help the cycling

Ja, you could say that... 

Shot dude. Trying to get a balance. 

Boxing - got a bag, just need to put it up. 

So I took a week off from the gym and exercise all together. My body was exceptionally tired from long hours at work recently so I decided to get some rest. Well the rest helped me break through a plateau I was on and have dropped down to 95.5kg's! If I lose 3 more kg's I will hit 40kg total weight-loss in about 16/17 months.

I am really ecstatic! Many lessons learnt and continuing to learn moving forward. I am feeling great and getting the "where is the other half of you" and "wow, I nearly didn't recognize you" compliments nearly daily. My self confidence has really gone up and I am really starting to like what I see in the mirror.  :clap:

Divorce taking longer than expected, **** from her... 

Tying up my dad's estate

Blew my caddy's head gasket on the way to Swellendam for my lightie's first camping trip (needs new cam / followers / intake valves / head skim etc)

Too much food

Not enough time for exercise (work has been HECTIC - busiest time of the year)

general shaite. 

Essentially Feb was a non-movement month for the weight. 

But. 

Joined the gym again (lifting to supplement cycling)

Got my lightie back out on his new bike

Spent 2 weekends in a row with lightie

Work is going very well (even though it's *** busy)

Home is mostly sorted

Friends are awesome

Chill time is PROPER chill time. 

Dude, doesn't matter how busy **** gets, take pride in the fact that you can always take ownership of what you eat. It's those small victories that make all the difference. 

So I took a week off from the gym and exercise all together. My body was exceptionally tired from long hours at work recently so I decided to get some rest. Well the rest helped me break through a plateau I was on and have dropped down to 95.5kg's! If I lose 3 more kg's I will hit 40kg total weight-loss in about 16/17 months.

I am really ecstatic! Many lessons learnt and continuing to learn moving forward. I am feeling great and getting the "where is the other half of you" and "wow, I nearly didn't recognize you" compliments nearly daily. My self confidence has really gone up and I am really starting to like what I see in the mirror. :clap:

Thats well done man. Keep it up

I stayed at 97.2kg for the weigh in but know that tommorrw after our 60 or 70 km off road ride ill be at 97 kg one day late . I reset my cycle computer this evening and had clocked 2397km for Jan and Feb . 

post-111826-0-04762800-1519840348_thumb.jpg

post-111826-0-03744100-1519840390_thumb.jpg

Edited by FirstV8

Lekker guys! Well done! 

At the gym I can feel that I'm getting stronger. I need to either up the weight or do more reps. Which is better or is it much of a muchness?

Weighed myself this morning, it showed 87.4. I thought that I couldn't have lost a kg since my previous weigh in with minimal exercise, so I hopped on the scale again and it showed 87.7. All I know is, I'm swimming in those size 36 denims, going to have to get them altered one of these days - I'm glad I kept two pairs of size 34's from a few years ago.

Edited by HyruleWarrior80

Wasn't that great a month for me... on 82.9 this morning.

BUT, I think things will go better in a months time.  This is the first place to post this for me... (not even my folks know this yet), but I gave in my resignation on Monday.  I got a new position on Monday at a new company.  So my mood has lifted a lot and I can feel my depression levels falling.  

Just one little change and all things look better.

Wasn't that great a month for me... on 82.9 this morning.

BUT, I think things will go better in a months time.  This is the first place to post this for me... (not even my folks know this yet), but I gave in my resignation on Monday.  I got a new position on Monday at a new company.  So my mood has lifted a lot and I can feel my depression levels falling.  

Just one little change and all things look better.

Awesome.

Hopefully the grass isn't greener at the new job because there is more fertilizer... :P

In all seriousness though, good luck with the new job.