Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

(Don't laugh) But I actually follow a few male models on instagram and youtube (It's for style). All of them say the same same. We all buy clothes too big for us to begin with. They all advise to try the same experiment. Next time shopping, try one size smaller. You will be surprised that one size smaller fits the majority of people, better. (I've done this myself and it worked! And this is not saying its going to fit like a skinny jeans or something like that)

And something I have been a firm believer of (as I don't wear 'loose' clothes) is that wearing clothes bigger gives you that feeling that you have room to grow into it...

And you don't really notice when you have gained just a little weight/cm's.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an amazing little documentary on Netflix at the moment.

Obesity: A Post Mortem

Fascinating film of an autopsy on an obese lady. Not for the squeamish but a great way to see the effects of poor lifestyle choices on the inside of the body.

When they do the first incision through the layers of fat, you will never pick up a donut again.

Yes you will... especially with a coffee... ????

But it takes a while... And you need the coffee to get the smell out of your nose...

One upside of entering this challenge is that I did my best Argus since 2003, despite not training as much and being 15 years older.

Weighing in at 86kg rather that 94 makes a huge difference.

Thanks to all who have been providing motivation.

Ps. I have since Thursday evening first carbo loaded and then celebrated by having 14 pints of whatever they had on tap....

You should learn.... Wednesday the suffering starts again....

I skip them now as well. Used to stop by the one in Menlyn when we got our Coffee at Nespresso, but since we (wife and me) started the diet, there is no need to stop there anymore.

So do you give cinnabon a miss too? ☻☻☻

Visited the folks this weekend. Gained about 2 kg after eating lots of carbs and sugar. Not sure what happened to me. Body probably went into shock :) back to the drawing board!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There is an amazing little documentary on Netflix at the moment.

Obesity: A Post Mortem

Fascinating film of an autopsy on an obese lady. Not for the squeamish but a great way to see the effects of poor lifestyle choices on the inside of the body.

When they do the first incision through the layers of fat, you will never pick up a donut again.

Shot for pointing to this, fascinating!

The pathologist himself is not a racing snake

The last 6 months I have picked up 4.6kg.

Which for my mind is something difficult to get over, but I am accepting it, luckily haven't had the need to buy bigger pants, just tops to adapt around the belly and boobs. (I cant believe for the 1st time in my life I have a belly.)

In just over 3 months (end June) I will actively get back into this thread to loose all I have gained by then :)

I have tried to do the pregnancy the 'healthy' way, although not being able to cycle anymore has made that difficult the last little while.

Should double that 4.6kg in the last 3 months...so only 13.8kg to lose  ^_^

Should double that 4.6kg in the last 3 months...so only 13.8kg to lose  ^_^

My total goal is only 10kg's.

The dad currently only weighs 68.5kg (small Frenchie).

So that will make me quite a bit heavier than him already...SAD!

You should learn.... Wednesday the suffering starts again....

Give this man a Bells. He is a true fortune teller. Suffer I did, but I am also back to eating healthily and will continue with both healthy eating and regular cycling until I have reached my next goals: Swartberg Gran Fondo in 6 weeks time @ 83kg.

My weight loss has paused over the past two weeks. Not getting worse, just hasn’t moved forward. Back on track track this week. Doing a small road trip alone in California next month for five days with my MTB, and am determined to be skinny by then hopefully

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Diet fell apart after CTCT. Will get it back on track next week

Yip the same for me after the CTCT MTB Challenge!! 25kgs down since started cycling 7 months ago, then smashed my target at the event! Aimed to finish the 40km in 3h30min, did it in 2h43min..then afterwards I rewarded myself with beers and food and zero to none exercise the last couple of week. Gained 2kgs again.. I am realizing now I will have to set myself longterm targets or races to aim at, otherwise I'm just falling off the bus all the time. Next one the Amarider 50 Miler(80km) on the 19th May. That's solid two months of hard training and eating right to get ready for that event.

My total goal is only 10kg's.

The dad currently only weighs 68.5kg (small Frenchie).

So that will make me quite a bit heavier than him already...SAD!

Don't stress too much about monitoring it. Contrary to popular opinion you can lose the baby weight pretty easily. But sometimes you can weigh the same but still look slightly different post baby. So you may find that your goal weight to return to i.e pre baby might change and go a little lower.

Yip the same for me after the CTCT MTB Challenge!! 25kgs down since started cycling 7 months ago, then smashed my target at the event! Aimed to finish the 40km in 3h30min, did it in 2h43min..then afterwards I rewarded myself with beers and food and zero to none exercise the last couple of week. Gained 2kgs again.. I am realizing now I will have to set myself longterm targets or races to aim at, otherwise I'm just falling off the bus all the time. Next one the Amarider 50 Miler(80km) on the 19th May. That's solid two months of hard training and eating right to get ready for that event.

Well done on your time.

Set yourself a max weight. When you go all beer and pizza for a week or two and get to your max weight, stop and work on your goal again.

The last 6 months I have picked up 4.6kg.

Which for my mind is something difficult to get over, but I am accepting it, luckily haven't had the need to buy bigger pants, just tops to adapt around the belly and boobs. (I cant believe for the 1st time in my life I have a belly.)

In just over 3 months (end June) I will actively get back into this thread to loose all I have gained by then :)

I have tried to do the pregnancy the 'healthy' way, although not being able to cycle anymore has made that difficult the last little while.

Did I miss the official Hub announcement? If so, let me get some late congratulations in! All the best with the new journey.