Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Down to 86.6kg, and ending off the weekend with one of these.

3dd856200cc9ac11ca12bb05796a3b93.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Nice! I got a new scale as we stopped trusting the old one. I like the new one. Down to 92,4.

There is an amazing little documentary on Netflix at the moment.

Obesity: A Post Mortem

Fascinating film of an autopsy on an obese lady. Not for the squeamish but a great way to see the effects of poor lifestyle choices on the inside of the body.

When they do the first incision through the layers of fat, you will never pick up a donut again.

Fascinating film of an autopsy on an obese lady. Not for the squeamish but a great way to see the effects of poor lifestyle choices on the inside of the body.

When they do the first incision through the layers of fat, you will never pick up a donut again.

Uggghhhhhh

Now that Krispy Kreme has that Nutella filled one I doubt if I would be able to say no.

I just watched it on You Tube. Very very interesting.

Now that Krispy Kreme has that Nutella filled one I doubt if I would be able to say no.

I will have to try one and find out if it is as good as the cheese cake one.

Horrible, horrible past 2 weeks for me :thumbdown:  Not one ounce of exercise as I was off sick (had a massive reaction to a CT scan which put me out for 4 days) and then I was in Cape Town for business last week, in a hotel with no gym (laziness and forgetting to pack in running shoes contributed as well) all topped off with a terrible diet.

But this timing always happens. I am a testicular cancer survivor and was busy with my 6 monthly check-up. My stress levels were through the roof but happy to report that I am still in remission. Kidneys are struggling but doc is happy nonetheless. Will be celebrating my 3rd cancer free anniversary in August :clap:

The result? I have picked up 2kg. :mellow: .....bleak......

The positive is it is a new week of possibilities. Have my gym gear with me for after work today, and have my meal plan for today sorted. Back to the grind....

I must say, I tried Krispy Kreme once and don't see what the fuss is about.

One upside of entering this challenge is that I did my best Argus since 2003, despite not training as much and being 15 years older.

Weighing in at 86kg rather that 94 makes a huge difference.

Thanks to all who have been providing motivation.

Ps. I have since Thursday evening first carbo loaded and then celebrated by having 14 pints of whatever they had on tap....

Edited by eddy

Horrible, horrible past 2 weeks for me :thumbdown:  Not one ounce of exercise as I was off sick (had a massive reaction to a CT scan which put me out for 4 days) and then I was in Cape Town for business last week, in a hotel with no gym (laziness and forgetting to pack in running shoes contributed as well) all topped off with a terrible diet.

But this timing always happens. I am a testicular cancer survivor and was busy with my 6 monthly check-up. My stress levels were through the roof but happy to report that I am still in remission. Kidneys are struggling but doc is happy nonetheless. Will be celebrating my 3rd cancer free anniversary in August :clap:

The result? I have picked up 2kg. :mellow: .....bleak......

The positive is it is a new week of possibilities. Have my gym gear with me for after work today, and have my meal plan for today sorted. Back to the grind....

I feel your pain. Great positive attitude though!

I suppose your cortisol levels have been raised, which may account for the gain.

I must say, I tried Krispy Kreme once and don't see what the fuss is about.

I agree that it is not amazing but it is not bad either. I won’t drive 100km to get one.

I agree that it is not amazing but it is not bad either. I won’t drive 100km to get one.

I skip them now as well.  Used to stop by the one in Menlyn when we got our Coffee at Nespresso, but since we (wife and me) started the diet, there is no need to stop there anymore.

it seems wearing tighter black clothing makes you look thinner...getting lots of comments about how i look like i have lost weight...yet i have gained weight (back in the triple digits)...only difference is that I have  bought a few smaller (black) shirts.

it seems wearing tighter black clothing makes you look thinner...getting lots of comments about how i look like i have lost weight...yet i have gained weight (back in the triple digits)...only difference is that I have  bought a few smaller (black) shirts.

(Don't laugh) But I actually follow a few male models on instagram and youtube (It's for style). All of them say the same same. We all buy clothes too big for us to begin with. They all advise to try the same experiment. Next time shopping, try one size smaller. You will be surprised that one size smaller fits the majority of people, better. (I've done this myself and it worked! And this is not saying its going to fit like a skinny jeans or something like that)

The last 6 months I have picked up 4.6kg.

Which for my mind is something difficult to get over, but I am accepting it, luckily haven't had the need to buy bigger pants, just tops to adapt around the belly and boobs. (I cant believe for the 1st time in my life I have a belly.)

In just over 3 months (end June) I will actively get back into this thread to loose all I have gained by then :)

I have tried to do the pregnancy the 'healthy' way, although not being able to cycle anymore has made that difficult the last little while.