[Event] Value Logistics Fast One 2018

Lostee

More importantly Nikki....

Why can't we print our own numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  FFS

Because is we are allowed to print our own numbers then the cycling shop where the numbers are being collected from will loose on sales.

(just to be clear, I agree with you though)

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because is we are allowed to print our own numbers then the cycling shop where the numbers are being collected from will loose on sales.

(just to be clear, I agree with you though)

The majority of people I see at number collections race in and out (pun intended).

Are they really seeing increased sales?

If we printed our own, they'd surely save on having to pay those people who sit looking through envelopes? (I'm of course assuming they're not employed full time for somebody involved with the event and just expected to do it)

You're not helping the cause.  :P  :D  :lol:

Maar baie dankie.

Sal laat weet.

Oom se moer seun

agree, the numbers must rather be a permanent number you do use yearly for all of the events, if reseeding are required your apply for one with a new number to be issued

The majority of people I see at number collections race in and out (pun intended).

If we printed our own, they'd surely save on having to pay those people who sit looking through envelopes? (I'm of course assuming they're not employed full time for somebody involved with the event and just expected to do it)

example. Cyclelab will not even do it if their sales are not increased by it. Sure they have an increased sales and also future sales

I am pretty sure the sales do go up on the day, whether it is gels, water bottles(if anyone ever buy these), tubes or bombs... but they do go up. No matter how small the spike is, but it goes up.

So are we being oppressed by the shops of organizers? That's the question.

Maybe G can come in here... but for a brief response before this goes off tangent again.  :mellow:

Edit: Oh yah, first time I see VA next to my name. I will bleed through my ears, but I will finish (doesn't matter if it's alone or ZL) :clap: .

Edited by Lostee

I am pretty sure the sales do go up on the day, whether it is gels, water bottles(if anyone ever buy these), tubes or bombs... but they do go up. No matter how small the spike is, but it goes up.

So are we being oppressed by the shops of organizers? That's the question.

Maybe G can come in here... but for a brief response before this goes off tangent again.  :mellow:

Edit: Oh yah, first time I see VA next to my name. I will bleed through my ears, but I will finish (doesn't matter if it's alone or ZL) :clap: .

lol I will keep quiet

See you then on the line and good luck with your race

Good luck to the AL start group. Juniors starting with them guys

Edited by CharlesZ

I normally see a number of people buying stuff.

It might the minority but people definitely buy.

The people going through the envelopes are mostly volunteers and they normally affiliated with the event organises. The shop just provides a space for them, don't know if they charge for the space.

lol I will keep quiet

See you then on the line and good luck with your race

Good luck to the AL start group. Juniors starting with them guys

Haha, thank you and to you too. I hope, when you guys come past, I will be able to hang on this time. But I do know I will be dropped for a while and I don't mind for now. Maybe I will only finish with the bunch after winter.

Give a little push when you come flying past, it's going to be TBC kit this time around.

Haha, thank you and to you too. I hope, when you guys come past, I will be able to hang on this time. But I do know I will be dropped for a while and I don't mind for now. Maybe I will only finish with the bunch after winter.

Give a little push when you come flying past, it's going to be TBC kit this time around.

I'm also starting VA. luckly im still at the age that I don't qualify to ride with the hard boys

Edited by CharlesZ

If it rains, I'll by lying most VERY comfy in my bed  :thumbup:

Same, Hate riding in the rain. Ruins the bike and kit. If its raining when I wake up I will still go to the venue though. You never know what its like at the venue with 30 min to go before start.

Same, Hate riding in the rain. Ruins the bike and kit. If its raining when I wake up I will still go to the venue though. You never know what its like at the venue with 30 min to go before start.

Thank you! I can still stand soggy kit but then having to clean my bike that thoroughly just isn't worth it! 

BTW - I love how this thread has nothing to do with the actual race itself! Who is aiming for what time? GW are going to be scattered, so you'll spot us in pretty much every batch! Please let's keep it safe at the end.  I highly doubt I'll improve on my time of last year, so just going out there for the love of competing.