[Event] Value Logistics Fast One 2018

Lostee

Probably (correct me if I'm wrong) the fastest race on the Gauteng calendar. 

Still in two minds as to whether I want to do this one.. seeding is taking a beating, 947 seeding was a lot weaker than anticipated (damn you Daryl!)

947 will always give you a higher index with all the top boys pitching.

Good news is that for your seeding they take the best race not an average as in the past. So if you did a good Tshwane, Satellite, R4V, your seeding should still be fine

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First race as a non-member of CyclingSA for me.

#BoycottingIncompetence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just as I am starting to need a licence...  :mellow:

No man, race vets. It's one of the easier races to get into vets racing. Rather start with a flatter ride as opposed to the hilly rides, especially if your climbing is not up to scratch.

And my climbing is nowhere, esp after the mini break I took. I will bleed through my eyes, but it's okay if I end up finishing alone, coz I doubt I will be able to hang onto A when they eventually come.

That crash though   :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

And who can EVER forget the chap who decided that road riding wasn't for him anymore! #onebiketorulethemall

I was in that crash... My bike was damaged on the day.

That offroading episode only came to my att on this hub. Completely missed it there. It sounded epic though!

I have less years racing left, so cave in to the pressure to register and race again... against me also wanting to teach them a lesson...

Nah, I'll pay the R35 day licence if forced to, otherwise the R600 I would have paid can fund part of my daughter's dancing lessons, or my newly found desire to run 5-10Km fun runs.

Besides, I can still race, but in the alphabet soup.

The best part of their email was this... the red bits...

This is a friendly reminder that your CyclingSA Membership has expired, as of 11 January 2018 

But we have good news too! We have developed an easy to use membership platform where you can renew your membership and all your other licenses. The new platform can be accessed here.

When reading the good news, I was expecting something else.

Because you are an existing CyclingSA member and it is your first time using the new system, click "Register". You will be asked if you are an existing CyclingSA member, select "Yes" and follow the prompts to confirm your details and renew your membership. 
I've already registered and been on the system for at least two years.

If you have already registered on our new membership platform, click the "Login" button on the Home Screen. If you have forgotten your password, click "forgot password" at the bottom of the Login page to reset your password. 

Four reasons why renewing your membership is a great idea 

• Preferential rates with Europcar when you hire a vehicle anywhere in South Africa. <--- Kulula.com with Discovery is cheaper than Europcar.
  • Benefits of up to R25 000 accident cover or R25 000 accidental death cover from Hollard Insurance Company for any cycling-related accident that occurs at a sanctioned cycle event. <--- no comment
  • RoadCover assistance in submitting Road Accident Fund (RAF) claims. <-- can do this through my insurance and medical aid.
  • Access to cycling-related content through our free mobile app (available on Google Play and the iStore). <--- I guess I can delete the app now.

Nah, I'll pay the R35 day licence if forced to, otherwise the R600 I would have paid can fund part of my daughter's dancing lessons, or my newly found desire to run 5-10Km fun runs.

Besides, I can still race, but in the alphabet soup.

I actually think this might be cheaper... I cannot see a year where I have done over 17 races a year. Is there a downside to this that I am not aware of?

I think a day licence is the way to go, unless there is something else I am missing.

I actually think this might be cheaper... I cannot see a year where I have done over 17 races a year. Is there a downside to this that I am not aware of?

I think a day licence is the way to go, unless there is something else I am missing.

R600 is for membership AND a full racing licence.

So the comparison of a R35 day licence should be made against the R200 membership cost = 6 races. It’s cheaper to take out a membership only, if one does 6 races or more.

It means I have to race/ride in the open categories, and can’t enter in Vets 40-49.

For me it’s only about “not giving CSA my money”. Sure, I may have to pay a day licence in a few races, but organisers don’t always charge a day licence so I’m taking that chance.

R600 is for membership AND a full racing licence.

So the comparison of a R35 day licence should be made against the R200 membership cost = 6 races. It’s cheaper to take out a membership only, if one does 6 races or more.

It means I have to race/ride in the open categories, and can’t enter in Vets 40-49.

For me it’s only about “not giving CSA my money”. Sure, I may have to pay a day licence in a few races, but organisers don’t always charge a day licence so I’m taking that chance.

Full licence, Membership and racing is R750 when I try to do it.

Membership: R250 and affiliation fee of R50.

Licence: R450.

I am not sure whether it's because I have never licenced or what.50f81fbf1584f0c79b77106303e21220.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I am not sure whether it's because I have never licenced or what.50f81fbf1584f0c79b77106303e21220.jpg

Yeah, same here

I think mine was the same as yours.

EDIT: and I have had a license for the last few years.

Edited by Long Wheel Base

You’re right... the R200 was the old CSA membership fee only. I forgot about the regional fee (think it was R50 for GEC) and then R400 for the licence.

That’s even better news for me [emoji3]

So I guess the A batch racing will get a lot more feisty with non renew licence vets racing in it !!

It’s already feisty with some Vets deciding to race for the prize money in A.

I am undecided if I should race Vets this year or open....

Need to enter before the entries close

Edited by Zatek

I am going to bite a bullet and give this money to CSA. I fell twice in A and B last year alone. That's too much luck for one year... I'm gonna try Vets and see how that goes. Gauteng hasn't been easy on me!

I am undecided if I should race Vets this year or open....

Need to enter before the entries close

And that is tomorrow. Not a lot of time left to decide...