[Event] Value Logistics Fast One 2018

Lostee

Yes the A batch should be this year very tough as I do know of a few sub vets (top) that wont be racing license anymore. Do presume there will be from other racing cats also

Hopefully they'll make the A-batch actually race this time round. If there is one thing A-batch is very good at, it's closing down attacks and then sitting up. Best doms you'll ever find.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't feel like crashing into unskilled riders swerving wildly at 60kmh into the finish in A batch. Had enough of that last year along with the huge potholes and bad roads... no thanks.

Suggest the stronger A bunchers drop the hammer 1/2 way and drop the posers. That way it will be safer for all...

Hope everyone has a safe ride and the problems from last year has been addressed.

Are they allowed to? Or are they ex-vets that didn't take out licenses this year?

If you have a racing lic you are not allowed to accept prize money in open catt.

Yeah thats what I thought. Gerald and his team enforced that rule at their race last year. The podium for A would have been full of VA's.

Yes the A batch should be this year very tough as I do know of a few sub vets (top) that wont be racing license anymore. Do presume there will be from other racing cats also

I do know at last years Carnival race the actual podium riders was DQ in the open race because they where racing sub vets. Not sure if it was because they registered for the race under racing sub vet cat. The winner that was awarded at the end as far as I know also do have a racing license. That's why some was also very confused and unhappy

I will be one of the slower VA riders at the fast one this year whaha that's if I do not get a puncture or mechanical

One reply for all above quotes:

Licensed riders (all ages) aren’t allowed to enter the open categories, but the pie-eating officials don’t really police the open groups and don’t care. It’s up to the organisers to ensure it’s enforced, like what happened at the Fast One, Race for Victory and CCMNC (not all in the same year).

W.r.t. the A bunch for 2017 CCMNC, it was picked up on the online entries, and the riders flagged before the start. It was announced, more than once but I know the announcer is just some ambient noise on the start line. They weren’t DQ’d but excluded from the prizes, their times for the race are still valid. There were only 3 licensed riders in AL, and results were delayed until a rider that hadn’t finished a VA/VB/VC category event appeared in the top 3 positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One reply for all above quotes:

Licensed riders (all ages) aren’t allowed to enter the open categories, but the pie-eating officials don’t really police the open groups and don’t care. It’s up to the organisers to ensure it’s enforced, like what happened at the Fast One, Race for Victory and CCMNC (not all in the same year).

W.r.t. the A bunch for 2017 CCMNC, it was picked up on the online entries, and the riders flagged before the start. It was announced, more than once but I know the announcer is just some ambient noise on the start line. They weren’t DQ’d but excluded from the prizes, their times for the race are still valid. There were only 3 licensed riders in AL, and results were delayed until a rider that hadn’t finished a VA/VB/VC category event appeared in the top 3 positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do presume it's Gerald that replied on it.

I where not one of the riders but did have a fun ride in the open group all the way back in F group or something. I did have a look at the description of the Domestic license and normal license and I could not find that they stipulate the rule especially about the winnings. Please can you post the link that we can see? They do say that a Domestic racing license can partake in National championship or series race. My understanding is that Carnival is a series race? Membership can race in national series but can't partake in provincial or national championships except if you do have a Domestic license

did the organizing committee or race director pull all of the AL entrants or podium positions from CSA details or requested it to see if they are in position of a domestic racing license or not? or did they only use the entry portal where one can select open group or racing cat? As mentioned the person that was awarded at the end of the race to my knowledge that he does have a domestic racing license as spoken on a ride I joined them before. 

I where not one of the riders but did have a fun ride in the open group all the way back in F group or something. I did have a look at the description of the Domestic license and normal license and I could not find that they stipulate the rule especially about the winnings. Please can you post the link that we can see? They do say that a Domestic racing license can partake in National championship or series race. My understanding is that Carnival is a series race? Membership can race in national series but can't partake in provincial or national championships except if you do have a Domestic license

did the organizing committee or race director pull all of the AL entrants or podium positions from CSA details or requested it to see if they are in position of a domestic racing license or not? or did they only use the entry portal where one can select open group or racing cat? As mentioned the person that was awarded at the end of the race to my knowledge that he does have a domestic racing license as spoken on a ride I joined them before. 

Very interesting and thought provocative questions... we will learn a lot from the response.

For the first time in many years I just can't be bothered to enter ....

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

Any particular reason why?

When does start times normally come out?

normally they forward an sms the day before the collection of numbers start but you can also look on racetec website under your name and will indicate it normally a few days before it

• Link to the race rules where it states that licensed riders aren't eligible for prizes. It's up to the organiser to decide how to pay out prize money.
  • Link to the results where the open category riders that won prizes - click on the post Congratulations!

Positions 1 - 6 had all taken part in a Vets category race, or were on the CSA database, so they were excluded.

Entered. Now to decide which open group to join. 

How nice, when you not worried about seeding! :whistling:

• Link to the race rules where it states that licensed riders aren't eligible for prizes. It's up to the organiser to decide how to pay out prize money.
  • Link to the results where the open category riders that won prizes - click on the post Congratulations!

Positions 1 - 6 had all taken part in a Vets category race, or were on the CSA database, so they were excluded.

On the race rules. 

• point 24 - does not state anything about what you mention about prizes or prize money for the winners. The actual winner did register for the open cat race even if he does have a racing license. Nowhere do they state it and also not on CSA rules that the event follows
  • CSA Rule 3.46.2: The commissaires will do all placing of riders, but may use the electronic timing results to assist to determine final positioning.  CSA officials not organizers

As you indicated the win was awarded to Dion. Dion is a sub vet rider and complete sub vet races before even if it was 2015 last. Based on your reasoning "all taken part in a Vets category race" he can't be the "winner"

http://results.racetec.co.za/results_by_person.aspx?PID=50140

The question is. Was the organizing committee fair and unbiased. I do not think so.

I'm all for enforcing the rules and keep to it but if unfair is also not right. That's why the so called "pie eating" officials was so pee-offed because of it. If I remember well, decision was made without consultant with CSA as I ask them directly when the "winners" went onto the stage why are these riders on and not the other that won the race

appologies, missed point 13 but this rule still not according to CSA rules 

For the first time in many years I just can't be bothered to enter ....

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

Time to return the pink blouse.