[Event] Value Logistics Fast One 2018

Lostee

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14. Race numbers must be worn low down on back of each participant’s jersey

26. The rules stated above are binding and the organisers, referees and traffic authorities’ ruling will be final and no correspondence will be entered into

Unless this only applies to CSA Lic, never have I ever seen anyone sanctioned or kicked out  :whistling: 

• Link to the race rules where it states that licensed riders aren't eligible for prizes. It's up to the organiser to decide how to pay out prize money.
  • Link to the results where the open category riders that won prizes - click on the post Congratulations!

Positions 1 - 6 had all taken part in a Vets category race, or were on the CSA database, so they were excluded.

clearly you did not go down the list or double checked with CSA if Clyde/Patrick is a licensed rider. See his ractec results especially 2017. Does was he an active holder of a CSA Domestic racing license as the racing license only is from 1 Jan - 31 Dec

http://results.racetec.co.za/results_by_person.aspx?PID=584844

clearly you did not go down the list or double checked with CSA if Clyde/Patrick is a licensed rider. See his ractec results especially 2017. Does was he an active holder of a CSA Domestic racing license as the racing license only is from 1 Jan - 31 Dec

http://results.racetec.co.za/results_by_person.aspx?PID=584844

This isn't the forum to discuss whether I clearly checked the list or not - and it's a bit late to do anything now - results were posted, objections were raised and the CSA database won. If rider's name wasn't showing, what do you think the organiser should do... postpone the announcement of results?

Certain Vets in the open category protested, the rules were shown and they backed off. Others... well, they threatened to go to the media. Based on that, we've made the easy call:  "Do away with prizes in the open category and donate that money to charity instead." - less problems for the organiser to worry about.

Organisers don't make the CSA rules, nor do they enforce them. However, CSA rules allow for the organisers to have their own rules, i.e. no prize money to licensed riders in the open category, which every rider is expected to adhere to.

How nice, when you not worried about seeding! :whistling:

Seeding takes the best possible result only.

So, if seeding is important, then it means finding a few races that allows one to suck wheel, get a good time and relax for the rest of the year.

The guys racing (at the front of the bunch), week in and week out don't need to worry about seeding, and wheel sucking.

This isn't the forum to discuss whether I clearly checked the list or not - and it's a bit late to do anything now - results were posted, objections were raised and the CSA database won. If rider's name wasn't showing, what do you think the organiser should do... postpone the announcement of results?

Certain Vets in the open category protested, the rules were shown and they backed off. Others... well, they threatened to go to the media. Based on that, we've made the easy call:  "Do away with prizes in the open category and donate that money to charity instead." - less problems for the organiser to worry about.

Organisers don't make the CSA rules, nor do they enforce them. However, CSA rules allow for the organisers to have their own rules, i.e. no prize money to licensed riders in the open category, which every rider is expected to adhere to.

It was brought up and discussion started. You decided to get involved. 

as requested for the CSA rules. Where does the following stand 

i.e. no prize money to licensed riders in the open category, which every rider is expected to adhere to.? 

As said. Decision was made unfairly and or biased. The licenses was not checked at all,  the 1 - 6 position as per time was only recognized as familiar racing vets and the next 3 that was the podium finishers position 7 - 9 was not as they not familiar. Position 7 and 9 are racing vet but was awarded. You can't tell me that the racing licenses was checked. 

How did you know if the rider is a licensed rider or not? Where did you check? Like I asked the 1st time already  

The other question still remains. Why was the CSA officials so pee-offed with the organizers. What I can say about the CSA officials, they stick to the rules and do know the rules. CSA do have their problems but at the races it's always fair. 

Edited by CharlesZ

i.e. no prize money to licensed riders in the open category, which every rider is expected to adhere to.? 

As said. Decision was made unfairly and or biased. The licenses was not checked at all,  the 1 - 6 position as per time was only recognized as familiar racing vets and the next 3 that was the podium finishers position 7 - 9 was not as they not familiar. Position 7 and 9 are racing vet but was awarded. You can't tell me that the racing licenses was checked. 

How did you know if the rider is a licensed rider or not? Where did you check? Like I asked the 1st time already  

The other question still remains. Why was the CSA officials so pee-offed with the organizers. What I can say about the CSA officials, they stick to the rules and do know the rules. CSA do have their problems but at the races it's always fair. 

He said CSA database.

Can we please drop it. We are nearing the next edition of this race and this was put to bed on the day or soon after. No need to rehash it now. 

Doesn't Rule 13 of the race rules answer your question about Vets winning prize money in AL ?

Licensed riders taking part in the open/seeded categories will not be eligible to claim any cash/voucher prize should they finish in the top 3 positions of the groups AL or AM. The start list will be checked with the CyclingSA database and an announcement made before your start

Doesn't Rule 13 of the race rules answer your question about Vets winning prize money in AL ?

Licensed riders taking part in the open/seeded categories will not be eligible to claim any cash/voucher prize should they finish in the top 3 positions of the groups AL or AM. The start list will be checked with the CyclingSA database and an announcement made before your start

check email afterwards that I said I missed point 13

that's not part of CSA rules as far as I know. Why I requesting for the link of the CSA rules and also as he said  "no prize money to licensed riders in the open category, which every rider is expected to adhere to" if the rule does excist then I will know now of it. 

Stuff does not tie up to believe that CSA database was checked

but as asked now by the person that started this post. Will stop now on this debate

Seeding takes the best possible result only.

So, if seeding is important, then it means finding a few races that allows one to suck wheel, get a good time and relax for the rest of the year.

The guys racing (at the front of the bunch), week in and week out don't need to worry about seeding, and wheel sucking.

Aren't you just a bundle of positivity. . . 

check email afterwards that I said I missed point 13

that's not part of CSA rules as far as I know. Why I requesting for the link of the CSA rules and also as he said "no prize money to licensed riders in the open category, which every rider is expected to adhere to" if the rule does excist then I will know now of it.

Stuff does not tie up to believe that CSA database was checked

but as asked now by the person that started this post. Will stop now on this debate

I said this isn’t the place to be debating the licence issue, as this is a thread for the race in the title.

And for the record, here is just one of many emails with CSA, Racetec and the organisers where the list was checked BEFORE the race started. So don’t come with your petty assumptions. If the data supplied by CSA misses a rider, what do want the organiser to do?

Steven, Gidon and I (me) discussed this at CycleLab during number collection.

And please speak to the CSA Officials the next time you see them and ask them for the rule. Rule 13 is a race specific rule, based on them telling us that Vets are not allowed to race in the open groups.

b1e611916bf589c1d82c11ad887a87b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So in an attempt to get this thread back in the right direction, can anyone confirm if the road surface has been worked on?

I rode on a section of the route 2 weeks ago and some areas was attended to but still potholes around the Circus region. Did not go past Suikerbos where most of the potholes was last year

I had a real chuckle about this, you should've allowed them to go to the media so that they can name and shame themselves and we can put them in the gutter next time around or throw around some jokes.

As a open rider it's quite funny to see the odd vets drop down (especially in flattish races and obviously races with prize money), then sit on the open riders' wheels and sprint for the finish as if they had a full 9 man lead out train around them.  It sometimes gets real frustrating to be honest but I don't mind, racing is racing and each has their own strategy, although most of us is just having fun.  There's usually the same bunch of open guys that can put down the hammer when needed to split the field and that shares the work equally.  We race hard but I really don't mind any of them winning the race at the end.

It's a bunch of chilled guys having some fun in open, if you want to call yourself a racer and boost your ego then buy a license and go ride vets.

I'm glad you dropped the prize money G, as this will prevent some eco boosting in open.

It's a bunch of chilled guys having some fun in open, if you want to call yourself a racer and boost your ego then buy a license and go ride vets.

I'm glad you dropped the prize money G, as this will prevent some eco boosting in open.

Sorry but I strongly disagree with you on this point.

It's a bunch of guys there will always be egos involved.

As you said, many sit in the open bunch and suck wheel the entire race when the bunch gets to the last 1km you swear that it's life or death. They come from all sides in all shapes and riding all kinds of fancy bikes to have a chance to win the group and come in 300th place.

Last year at the Fast One there was a major crash at the finish line because of this.

I actually think it was the A bunch

Sorry but I strongly disagree with you on this point.

It's a bunch of guys there will always be egos involved.

As you said, many sit in the open bunch and suck wheel the entire race when the bunch gets to the last 1km you swear that it's life or death. They come from all sides in all shapes and riding all kinds of fancy bikes to have a chance to win the group and come in 300th place.

Last year at the Fast One there was a major crash at the finish line because of this.

I actually think it was the A bunch

Valid point and now that I think about it I agree with you, the egos are everywhere, my bad.  Yes that crash was in A, luckily I punctured earlier so wasn't involved.