Is Versus still THE sock for cyclists?

Ozzie NL

Been riding Versus socks exclusively for the last couple of years now and have always loved them with the attraction being at least in part the fact that they always were specifically for cyclists (cyclists love cycling stuff right!)

Now time to order some more and noticed that the cycling range of socks has been trimmed down quite a lot (only coffee socks listed as premium). Some of the other funky designs previously listed as cycling are now displayed under active but the header states it's for al type of sports incl tennis and running.

Being a creature of habit, I'm now doubting whether these will have the same comfy fit as the cycling socks and also not sure what I think about my fav cycling socks becoming generic sports socks.

Fully understand the boys for looking for new markets, just wondering what others think.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its just marketing to try and expand their market a bit.  Don't worry about it.

Just because the label is no longer exclusive to cycling, does not change the product; but it does clearly change your perception of it

its actually more comfy and durable than ever before... i assume they have changed manufacturers. 

i last bought a set of those limited edition black and white diamond socks and am impressed.

I have a few pairs of versus and they all different ranges and tbh I don't feel much difference except the one pair(bright orange) are a bit thicker than the others. Other than that I just buy them because they look cool and the guys came here asking for advice before starting out.

I have a few pairs of versus and they all different ranges and tbh I don't feel much difference except the one pair(bright orange) are a bit thicker than the others. Other than that I just buy them because they look cool and the guys came here asking for advice before starting out.

This ^^^.

I've got quite a few of their socks, and I must say, I actually prefer the ones that are under the performance category versus (pun intended) the ones in the cycling category.

I find their socks a bit long.. If they stopped at or just above the ankle they would be perfect....  :whistling:

Well this just officially became that Friday thread... ;) :P

I got a couple of pairs for Christmas, and they still as good as my old pairs.  Got a shorter pair of the running socks included, and they are just as awesome.

Socks shmocks - buy them and wear them. I have found no real advantage in any sock be it cheapie R20 a pair or R200 Italian wundersocks.

I buy the ones that look coolest.

I found a local shoe store that sells, what must be, fake CAM socks. For 19.95 a pair. And they are brilliant. Looks and feel. Bought 5 pairs last time I went past there.

Been riding Versus socks exclusively for the last couple of years now and have always loved them with the attraction being at least in part the fact that they always were specifically for cyclists (cyclists love cycling stuff right!)

Now time to order some more and noticed that the cycling range of socks has been trimmed down quite a lot (only coffee socks listed as premium). Some of the other funky designs previously listed as cycling are now displayed under active but the header states it's for al type of sports incl tennis and running.

Being a creature of habit, I'm now doubting whether these will have the same comfy fit as the cycling socks and also not sure what I think about my fav cycling socks becoming generic sports socks.

Fully understand the boys for looking for new markets, just wondering what others think.

I think the Active range (had to go look and see what range my popcorns fall under) are the best versus socks ito comfort. 

Maybe the creature of comfort needs to expand his horizons a bit.  

I only care about two things when it comes to sock. Comfort, and fit. And the new versus still tick the comfort box. And fortunately for me I don't have to like all their designs.

Archived