Absa Cape Epic 2018

Acerunner

The Time has come.....

All 2018 Epic Riders, lets talk epic 2018, preparation, Gear and stages. If you have any cool tips or info regarding this years race, please feel free to share :)

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the Trans Breede Ultra on Sat and boy was it tough (122km). Be prepared for rough, dry and rugged terrain....and pace yourself well. Especially with four consecutive days over 100km's. I expect temperatures to be radical again....so maybe some shortening might happen.

Wish all much success, safe and "enjoyable" riding this year. Will be along the route in parts to support.

A little sad to not be there this year...but at those prices and being deeply disappointed with the catering last year, not too sad. Also lacking a partner....

Did the Trans Breede Ultra on Sat and boy was it tough (122km). Be prepared for rough, dry and rugged terrain....and pace yourself well. Especially with four consecutive days over 100km's. I expect temperatures to be radical again....so maybe some shortening might happen.

Wish all much success, safe and "enjoyable" riding this year. Will be along the route in parts to support.

A little sad to not be there this year...but at those prices and being deeply disappointed with the catering last year, not too sad. Also lacking a partner....

Catering is a problem, food is beyond crap!

Catering is a problem, food is beyond crap!

What is the issue with the Catering?

1st Timer

Edited by Herman Francois Swart

1st Timer

No issue, the food is palatable enough and there is some menu variety (although I steer clear of the desserts) it doesn't compare though to some of the other events out there. 

However you will be able to get all your body needs from the catering, just don't expect home style happy grub. 

No issue, the food is palatable enough and there is some menu variety (although I steer clear of the desserts) it doesn't compare though to some of the other events out there. 

However you will be able to get all your body needs from the catering, just don't expect home style happy grub. 

So No Sani2C expectations? Quite a shame at the epic price tag

So No Sani2C expectations? Quite a shame at the epic price tag

The food is good for the first couples nights.. as fatigue sets in your appetite changes as there is not a whole lot of variety. 

Dinners were ok for me, but I had to change what I are for breakfast on the last two-three days... couldn't handle another omelette on toast  -_-  

1st Timer

This is gonna be the first premium stage race where you're gonna eat powdered eggs, for realz ...