Do you pay at bike parks?

Cois

Do you pay to ride at bike parks?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Do you pay the fees before you ride?

• Yes
    • No
    • I pay after I ride
  2. 2. If you do pay...

• Pay per ride
    • Pay per year if they allow

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always pay, it's only right. Agree with Snapscan or Zapper, makes it a lot easier. However, if paying via the honesty box, I either take a pic or short video clip on my phone of me putting the cash in the box as "proof of payment" if someone does stop me and ask.

NEVER! All those hard working folks that put in their time can go suck eggs. The land owners that open it up are fools and never look after the trails and do nothing. It's my right to roam where I want, ride where i want as I'm embracing the true spirit of adventure that MTB was founded on. Why pay when you can get it for free, ride anywhere, screw SAN Parks, it's our mountain why pay when they don't do anything for us. The Nth 'burb trails have dumbed down the sport, aggressive marshals alway are asking if I have a permit (how dare they). I keep it real rather than conform with the lycra sheep, I've been riding here for ever.* 

* Disclaimer: Always paid. Comments above here are things I've overheard on the trail and at the coffee shop from some riders while on the land they are poaching... and get shirty if you give them serve about it. Durh. 

Pay monthly for PWC bike park with access to other riding places in

Gauteng. Also pay annual for club membership and NF.

Preference is...if the venue is worth it multiple access and online payment options over carrying cash (excludes the cash I carry on me incase I need to Uber if I can't pedal anymore).

MOST cyclists have a sense of loyalty to the sport and will pay for it.

The trick is to get them to come.

Good trails, well marked, some easy loops and some technical loops, good safe parking, a little place to get refreshments is a bonus, just some things to keep in mind.

Good luck!

If I look at some Youtube videos of trails in other countries, I just think its the right thing to do, in the hope we will ever have places like Whistler and similar.

I pay, I have seen a number of guys going in with the parkrunners and not paying, its just not right.

This is not cool. My folks do park run modder every week and my toppie rides there, puts his bike in the car, does the walk with my mom and then rides home. So if you check a guy on a blue/white giant anthem going in with the park run people, he isn't going to ride the reserve.

I always pay .

If I get to BRB and the office is still closed , I will ride , then go pay .

I am scared of Karma .... heard she can be quite a b1tch !!

Last time I rode at Garden Route BP I was so early that there was no one manning anything (I like to start riding as the sun comes up and before the snakes wake up). Just filled in an indemnity form and wrote an iou on it which I then paid at the end of my ride.

"I have been toying with the idea of helping a friend build a bike park on the farm, but in the past few days I had to wonder, is it worth it.  Do people actually pay to ride at bike parks?"

If you are thinking of doing it because it is worth while DON'T do it !!

It's a lot of work and headaches.

You do it because you could have some lekker trails and you may just get something back.

I pay where applicable and joined the local MTB club (Fattracks), they do a fantastic job of maintaining the trails, so it's worth it to support them. It also gets me some discounts and free access to other trails.

I choose my "home" trails. For that I pay the annual fee. For the others I buy day permits. That's sort of my strategy.

I currently have a Sanparks Acivity card coz those are the trails I mostly ride. Oh and FREE to get in to the reserve!!!!

FREE to get in to the reserve!!!!

Only if you cycle into the reserve or have your bike with you and are going to ride - so no picnicking.

FREE to get in to the reserve!!!!

Only if you cycle into the reserve or have your bike with you and are going to ride - so no picnicking.

True true. They let us park inside the gate tho. Nice for a little cruise to the point & back.

I think it's pretty much 100km on the dot from HB to the point & back.

Always pay, and pretty much the accepted norm amongst riders. 

Those who don't, often become confrontational when approached. But if I had a stack of fifty 'zupta cards' to hand out to these people, it would be five years before that stack would be finished. 

Archived