Canyon bicycles now available direct to South Africa

shaper

Power meter ?

Did it come with one, what is it and how did you specify it ?

Bike was part of a lease that I took out.  Bought the Garmin Vector 2 and a Aerobar with it as part of the deal.  I will only fit the aero bar later.  The bike is the stock standard version.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has a normal quick release but don't think you could use it as a tyre lever.  Looks thinks and does not swivel like normal quick releases.  Can take a pic tonight and post if you like.

Thanks. You have the "DT SWISS PR 1600 SPLINE", if I'm correct? It seem the disc model have the additional "RWS Plug In" mentioned here. I see now it will take a normal Allan key as well, so maybe i should not worry that much...  https://www.dtswiss.com/en/technology/components/rws-technology/

Bike was part of a lease that I took out.  Bought the Garmin Vector 2 and a Aerobar with it as part of the deal.  I will only fit the aero bar later.  The bike is the stock standard version.

Ah, pedals...

Hi Guys,

New to the forum, so forgive me if this has asked before.

Has anyone ordered a Canyon bike directly from them through their website?  If so, what sort of import duty / tax did you have to pay once it arrived?  

Seriously considering buying a Speedmax but don't want to get a nasty surprise once it arrives.

Thanks!

Edited by Nick
Merged from a newly started topic.

PMéd you

Hi Guys,

Has anyone ordered a Canyon bike directly from them through their website?  If so, what sort of import duty / tax did you have to pay once it arrived?  

Seriously considering buying a Speedmax but don't want to get a nasty surprise once it arrives.

Thanks!

Yes.

Price at your door = ((Rand Price + 15% + 10%) X 15%) + (Rand Price + 15%)

This is for a full bike incl the $300 postage.

Hi Guys,

Thanks!

works out to roughly 30%-ish...  but remember to take off European VAT if that's included in what you see on the website. plenty of threads here on import duties though

works out to roughly 30%-ish...  but remember to take off European VAT if that's included in what you see on the website. plenty of threads here on import duties though

The Canyon website shows the price in USD and without EU VAT. ie. it is already subtracted when you see the price if you are in SA

Yes.

Price at your door = ((Rand Price + 15% + 10%) X 15%) + (Rand Price + 15%)

This is for a full bike incl the $300 postage.

Hi Sias,

I take it this was for a complete bike?  Am i correct in saying that a frame set only, has no duties, so is is just the 15% VAT that you will pay this side?

If anyone decides to buy a Canyon please please would you let me know! I'd like to buy a Garmin mount for my Canyon H36 bars but $65 shipping on a $35 part seems a bit much. I'd really appreciate if someone would let me slip on into an order they are placing. Would obviously compensate you for it. 

Edited by Mylolylo

If anyone decides to buy a Canyon please please would you let me know! I'd like to buy a Garmin mount for my Canyon H36 bars but $65 shipping on a $35 part seems a bit much. I'd really appreciate if someone would let me slip on into an order they are placing. Would obviously compensate you for it. 

Hi Mylolylo,

I will gladly add the mount for you, i am just waiting on Canyon to get back to me on the handlebar width measurement on the L frame. It states it comes with a 410 width bar, they won't change it so just want them to confirm if it is measured from center 2 center, outer 2 outer or inner 2 inner.  I am thinking that are on the narrow side for me.

Hi Mylolylo,

I will gladly add the mount for you, i am just waiting on Canyon to get back to me on the handlebar width measurement on the L frame. It states it comes with a 410 width bar, they won't change it so just want them to confirm if it is measured from center 2 center, outer 2 outer or inner 2 inner.  I am thinking that are on the narrow side for me.

I have PM'd you with a similar request

The Canyon direct sales are very exciting, but the duties & TAX is still a bit confusing. So, if a bike is listed on the Canyon website as $1000, is the following correct:

$1000 = R12 315 (as per the rate today)

((R12 315 + R1847.25 + R1231.5) x 0.15) + (R12 315 + R1847.25)

= (R15393.75 x 0.15) + 14162.25

= R16 471.31

So, I would pay Canyon the R12 315 when I place the order and pay another R4156.3 when the bike arrives in SA? Or should you add the $300 for postage at the beginning?

You will pay Canyon for the bike and shipping. When it lands here you will pay VAT and duty on the invoice amount (which will exclude shipping).

Hi Sias,

I take it this was for a complete bike?  Am i correct in saying that a frame set only, has no duties, so is is just the 15% VAT that you will pay this side?

According to the duty list, yes...