The Over 50's Support Thread.

Bonus

The Mrs is battling with menopause and has gone onto hormone replacement. Now she has the libido of a 20 year old. I hope the novelty wears off soon as it is interfering with my weekend rides.

:clap: Lekker problem to have :D

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woke up this morning really not in the mood for a ride. Seriously pooped from a tough 2 weeks. Convinced myself to get on the bike knowing I'd feel better after 15 minutes in the saddle. Glad I did. Wouldn't say it was the greatest ride but at least the legs were turning and the soul was at peace ????.

Got to wondering while riding; what are my fellow Over 50's riding? We all probably grew up riding steel frames, progressing to aluminium and now on carbon fibre. Guessing some of you still appreciating the feel of steel and maybe even aluminium. I'm lucky enough to still be able to ride all 3 and enjoy each for its own unique qualities.

My ride this morning was a 2002 Trek 5900 carbon fibre that I "upgraded" from 9speed to 11speed a few weeks ago. I fitted my first compact crank (50/34) - a real ego check after only using 53/39 all these years - to the Trek along with a 11/32 cassette. Still trying to get used to this setup I admit ????. Posting a pic -apologies for the poor picture quality

Would be interested to know what you guys are riding; vintage steel, aluminium, early carbon fibre or the latest and greatest CF technology

Regards

Sean

post-26573-0-42169000-1538918058_thumb.jpg

You know you are getting old when you start finding grey eye brow hairs, never thought I’d become a plucker at 54.... or is it 53

I am finding some moer long hairs amongst my eyebrows.  :eek:

In SA my barber would tactfully suggest running the clippers over mine at the end of a hair cut ????

I have discovered that some of the shops in that Barber chain that mostly employs Pakistani guys, offer nose and ear waxing.... I kid you not. It isn't too painful....

MTB is HT aluminum. I am a novice at MTB and only really do it in winter.

Roadbike, I have an aliminium winter bike and carbon fiber summer dry bike. Not really good at cycling but I love it.

MTB is HT aluminum. I am a novice at MTB and only really do it in winter.

Roadbike, I have an aliminium winter bike and carbon fiber summer dry bike. Not really good at cycling but I love it.

That's not really the point..........if you out there having fun that is enough.

If you where playing golf on the other hand................. :ph34r:

Woke up this morning really not in the mood for a ride. Seriously pooped from a tough 2 weeks. Convinced myself to get on the bike knowing I'd feel better after 15 minutes in the saddle. Glad I did. Wouldn't say it was the greatest ride but at least the legs were turning and the soul was at peace ????.

Got to wondering while riding; what are my fellow Over 50's riding? We all probably grew up riding steel frames, progressing to aluminium and now on carbon fibre. Guessing some of you still appreciating the feel of steel and maybe even aluminium. I'm lucky enough to still be able to ride all 3 and enjoy each for its own unique qualities.

My ride this morning was a 2002 Trek 5900 carbon fibre that I "upgraded" from 9speed to 11speed a few weeks ago. I fitted my first compact crank (50/34) - a real ego check after only using 53/39 all these years - to the Trek along with a 11/32 cassette. Still trying to get used to this setup I admit ????. Posting a pic -apologies for the poor picture quality

Would be interested to know what you guys are riding; vintage steel, aluminium, early carbon fibre or the latest and greatest CF technology

Regards

Sean

Steel road bike and SS hard tail MTB and alu dual sus MTB. No plastic bikes, although the hard tail has carbon bits