SRAM Eagle eTap

Spinnekop

I reckon it would be really easy to take an existing Red RD and slap an Eagle jockey cage/holder onto it.

So the spy pics are probably not far off...

Also don't forget all the privateer "hacks" before XTR Di2 was launched, using the Dura Ace RD and fitting a MTB cage to it...using the sprinters shift buttons etc. So to develop this gruppo shouldn't be rocket surgery for the boys at Sram.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon it would be really easy to take an existing Red RD and slap an Eagle jockey cage/holder onto it.

So the spy pics are probably not far off...

Also don't forget all the privateer "hacks" before XTR Di2 was launched, using the Dura Ace RD and fitting a MTB cage to it...using the sprinters shift buttons etc. So to develop this gruppo shouldn't be rocket surgery for the boys at Sram.

That might well work on 11 speed.... but on Eagle's 12?

That might well work on 11 speed.... but on Eagle's 12?

Yeah - however who's to know what is/isn't easily cross compatible? I don't think someone would willingly mess around with the options if they had to pay for the parts, but I know that I could fit an XT cage onto an XTR derailleur back in the day...

Sram have an engineering room that they can easily put something together in a relatively quick time...

SRAM

What a bunch of geniuses in the engineering design room

Coffee must be damn good on their floor ????

this is awesome!!! if your rear battery goes flat, you can just swap it out with the front one. that's why etap's so nifty... :clap:  :clap:  :clap: oh.... what now??  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

this is awesome!!! if your rear battery goes flat, you can just swap it out with the front one. that's why etap's so nifty... :clap:  :clap:  :clap: oh.... what now??  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Except there is no front one in an Eagle 1x12 setup. But... there's alays the back pocket for a spare. The battery gives you approx 1000km, so ample to do an "Epic" ride on one charge

I wonder what the top red-ish button does?

Enables “Warp Speed” [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

If you follow Nino on Instagram, you’ll see he’s definitely running eagle etap. Sad part is, you’ll probably have to take out a loan to afford it ????