Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

You will get the gate code when you buy your day permit at Bloemendal.

And then know the code to every single gate in the whole Tygerberg trail network?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And then know the code to every single gate in the whole Tygerberg trail network?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

yes I suppose so, but it's not a massive secret anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Question to those in the know .....

Where are you allowed to ride with this day permit :

20190317_195745 (Large).jpg

Typically you may only ride on the farm where you bought it, and corridors are off limits.

BUT, this board sports THREE farm names .... does this mean that the rider may legally do the D'Aria loop, then back to Bloemendal ?

you can ride from Bloemendal into Ntida to get into Hillcrest & The Upper Bloemendal as D’Aria too.

Is there any chance I could buy a second board under my name/ID for when a friend/family comes to visit ? It would be really cool to be able to ride the club trails with them.

Also, the trails rock ( <_<), thanks again for the hard work :)

Is there any chance I could buy a second board under my name/ID for when a friend/family comes to visit ? It would be really cool to be able to ride the club trails with them.

Nope!

I have also considered this ....

Each time a friend joins, we have to amend our route to a specific farm's board - which I respect and adhere to.

Paying a full annual premium surely would be better for all concerned.  The club will get a full fee, and these rides would add to less than a typical member fee ... AND, as more people will see the extent of the trails more would be tempted to join the club ....

HOWEVER - it would pose an interesting challange in terms of safety, as our boards contain vital medical and contact information, which clearly would be incorrect for our guest riders ...

We already have the "Member" and "Dependant" boards.  Now imagine a "Guest" board .... would be interesting to see if there would be a market for such ....

you can ride from Bloemendal into Ntida to get into Hillcrest & The Upper Bloemendal as D’Aria too.

As far as I can remember the D'Aria corridor is STRICTLY members only. No day visitors allowed, as this will then create a scenario where unpaid riders start from the Protea Hotel side. Also, there is a board up at the gate on Bloemendal side also stating that the loop is members only.

From the Club Website:

“As you exit the B Spot, you can either head straight up the Bloemendal loop via the dirt road climb to the Majik Forest gate, or you can turn left into D’Aria for a scenic loop of D’Aria and back into Bloemendal. For members only, you also get access to the Protea Hotel corridor via the D’Aria loop.”

“Non members pay R50 for adults and R30 for children. Please pay at the Biosport shop counter, or at any of the Snapscan facilities available at the trail centre. Please pay before you ride and retain proof of purchase on you. This payment only allows access to the Bloemendal, D’Aria and Hillcrest trails and does not allow you to ride or access any of the adjacent farms trails.”

The D’Aria loop is for members and paying visitors (just please follow the direction of the loop!).

The Protea corridor itself (from Protea Hotel to where it joins D’Aria at the dam) is Members only (and only that part is 2 way traffic)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have also considered this ....

Each time a friend joins, we have to amend our route to a specific farm's board - which I respect and adhere to.

Paying a full annual premium surely would be better for all concerned.  The club will get a full fee, and these rides would add to less than a typical member fee ... AND, as more people will see the extent of the trails more would be tempted to join the club ....

HOWEVER - it would pose an interesting challange in terms of safety, as our boards contain vital medical and contact information, which clearly would be incorrect for our guest riders ...

We already have the "Member" and "Dependant" boards.  Now imagine a "Guest" board .... would be interesting to see if there would be a market for such ....

It would be cool if the club has a group membership like the family one but for riding buddies.

It would be cool if the club has a group membership like the family one but for riding buddies.

Or even just a straightforward day permit system that allows you on all the trails and not this over-complicated "certain sections only"/certain farms only/no-corridors day permit system that even members don't understand.

I know there are historic/landowners wishes & other complicated reasons behind this decision but if I could change only 1 thing about TBMBC it would be this.

Noticed on the weekend that the lock on gate at the Protea Hotel side of the corridor is once again gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or even just a straightforward day permit system that allows you on all the trails and not this over-complicated "certain sections only"/certain farms only/no-corridors day permit system that even members don't understand.

I know there are historic/landowners wishes & other complicated reasons behind this decision but if I could change only 1 thing about TBMBC it would be this.

at 120km of trails that would be an expensive day permit.

And the sunset rule. Night riding is the best kind of riding, and all that's really feasible for most people in the week in  winter time out that way.

Edited by Thermophage

And the sunset rule. Night riding is the best kind of riding, and all that's really feasible for most people in the week in  winter time out that way.

Still way better than tokai!

I think before the fires, people used to sneak in night rides at tokai.

Also I think tygerberg has/had a weeky club night ride

Still way better than tokai!

I think before the fires, people used to sneak in night rides at tokai.

Also I think tygerberg has/had a weeky club night ride

A weekly (sometimes unless it's too cold, or there was drizzle) night ride at Bloemendal only and ONLY on the Majik forest side, not on the other side either.

TM night rides are absolutely stunning. The views from up top of Conties and or Hoogies must be amazing at night as well.