• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they want the smallest number possible for streetcred

Edit : haha I missed @ChrisF 's post 😂

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

WHO wants a tripple digit board ... 🤪

It's all about the marginal gains, 2 figures is lighter and more aero than 3 or 4 😅

Edited by Jbr

Imagine the club tells us what the new fee will be for next year . . . I'm rather fussy about knowing how much I'm on for to decide if I want it before I spend it.

48 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Imagine the club tells us what the new fee will be for next year . . . I'm rather fussy about knowing how much I'm on for to decide if I want it before I spend it.

Seems like a 10% increase ...

Adult + dependent was R 1 310-00 for 2023, Now R 1 440-00 for 2024.

Another R250 per number, if you want to select a specific number .... price aside, the system does not work properly .... If I was going to pay another R500 then I wanted matching numbers.  By the time I got to see what numbers were available I could not go back to select a number for myself ....

Sorry, but not impressed with this new IT system ......

The idea of new is better and this new site just does not feel better. Hopefully it will get better. 

PS: not the best idea to start lunchtime on a Friday, I'm not very tech savvy but could have told you it's going to blow up. 

19 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Seems like a 10% increase ...

Adult + dependent was R 1 310-00 for 2023, Now R 1 440-00 for 2024.

Another R250 per number, if you want to select a specific number .... price aside, the system does not work properly .... If I was going to pay another R500 then I wanted matching numbers.  By the time I got to see what numbers were available I could not go back to select a number for myself ....

Sorry, but not impressed with this new IT system ......

Agree 100%, after waiting in the queue, multiple times, had to rejoin queue to add another student member.
The experience was anything other than advertised on FB:
"There are a host of new features, and more to roll out soon with regards to 2024 memberships. We have embraced technology and aligned ourselves with what is used by many parties to improve usage, experience,"

Maybe a session on the skills park would be in order ?? or even better:

image.png.64a85bff1e0a66620f334ce5dc58d580.png

8 hours ago, ChrisF said:

And ? 🤔

WHO wants a tripple digit board ... 🤪

Clearly I am NOT the only one thinking this .... 🤣🤣🤣

I do…i’m booking/paying for 666 this year🤣🤘👹

Edit: website is broken…waste my time to go through whole process…get to pay….AAAND ‘basket empty’…(TWICE!) 

Screw that, sort your crap out first thanks and ONLY then come ask for my money….

Edited by MORNE

7 hours ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

The idea of new is better and this new site just does not feel better. Hopefully it will get better. 

PS: not the best idea to start lunchtime on a Friday, I'm not very tech savvy but could have told you it's going to blow up. 

Shouldn't have blown up. Depending on the web service provider hosting the e-commerce side and their ability to handle the sort of traffic that you would typically expect from Takealot on a slow day for something very few people want, there is no reason for a couple of people logging in causing this type of system failure. If that was the case then the service provider needs to buy more virtual server capacity, but knowing what kind of money needs to change hands, usually in USD, it makes sense that it is running on bare minimum to cater for the handful of usual connections on any typical day.

Edit: I do find that often designers spend way too much time and money in making something pretty and in the process neglect the functional side of the solution being provided. An example of that aside from the e-commerce failure is the coming soon notice that meets you when you view the reward partner section. I would like to know where I can go to use my club affiliation, specifically if TWT is still onboard, but nothing so far indicating that this is an option. Form over function works in fashion, not in tech spaces.

Edited by Robbie Stewart

7 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Shouldn't have blown up. Depending on the web service provider hosting the e-commerce side and their ability to handle the sort of traffic that you would typically expect from Takealot on a slow day for something very few people want, there is no reason for a couple of people logging in causing this type of system failure. If that was the case then the service provider needs to buy more virtual server capacity, but knowing what kind of money needs to change hands, usually in USD, it makes sense that it is running on bare minimum to cater for the handful of usual connections on any typical day.

Edit: I do find that often designers spend way too much time and money in making something pretty and in the process neglect the functional side of the solution being provided. An example of that aside from the e-commerce failure is the coming soon notice that meets you when you view the reward partner section. I would like to know where I can go to use my club affiliation, specifically if TWT is still onboard, but nothing so far indicating that this is an option. Form over function works in fashion, not in tech spaces.

Agreed on most points, but there are service providers in South Africa, that are relatively speaking much much cheaper than the competitors based internationally. 

Absolute hosting being one, with the option to scale services up at a 5/10 minute time interval and downgrade at the end of the month. 

Seems that the DB couldn't handle more than about 20 simultaneous connections, which as you say is server capacity, or a very poor architecture (form over function). 

A few things about the new site that still need to be improved upon and completed. Taking away the option to get your bread and butter money though was never a good idea.

(Also why was the site not put through a round of user testing, to ensure all processes actually performed as expected?) 

Multiple failures to implement standard practices... 

Hi Everyone.

Can one hire a bike at Bloemendal for a day permit? If yes, can I bring shoes with SPD shimano cleats?

Will be heading to Cape Town for a holiday from overseas so will not have my MTB.

15 hours ago, KyleDS said:

Hi Everyone.

Can one hire a bike at Bloemendal for a day permit? If yes, can I bring shoes with SPD shimano cleats?

Will be heading to Cape Town for a holiday from overseas so will not have my MTB.

Hi Kyle,

You can definitely hire bikes there along with a day pass.

I'd recommend bringing your own helmet, I had to hire one there and I wasn't very inspired to ride hard with it on, but I normally ride with a full face 😜.

Not sure about cleats, but you can probably email them to find out:

info@bloemendaltrailpark.co.za

060 657 6344

I wouldn't worry about riding with flats, though, I've been riding with flats there weekly for 3 years now. The climbs are mellow and the technical riding is chilled, so I don't think you'll miss them. (Also one less thing to pack😉)

1 minute ago, Renier said:

Hi Kyle,

You can definitely hire bikes there along with a day pass.

I'd recommend bringing your own helmet, I had to hire one there and I wasn't very inspired to ride hard with it on, but I normally ride with a full face 😜.

Not sure about cleats, but you can probably email them to find out:

info@bloemendaltrailpark.co.za

060 657 6344

I wouldn't worry about riding with flats, though, I've been riding with flats there weekly for 3 years now. The climbs are mellow and the technical riding is chilled, so I don't think you'll miss them. (Also one less thing to pack😉)

Kyle maybe also ask about which trails are covered by the board on the rental bike .... possibly "just" Bloemendal (?)

A day permit at the trailhead is just for Bloemendal.  You may well want to head out further, in which case you may need to buy a "holiday permit", think it is about R300.

Bloemendal rentals are typically "per hour" .... if you want to do longer rides, you want to enquire about their options.  OR, you may want to look a bit further for "day rentals".

You have to really want a tgmtb membership to get through that website ....

3 points of Feedback... When not logged in clicking on membership takes to a dead end page.

Logging in puts user in WP back end with the Elementor newsfeed which is just confusing.

That image resizing process is really bad and irritating to deal with.

26 minutes ago, Mamil said:

You have to really want a tgmtb membership to get through that website ....

3 points of Feedback... When not logged in clicking on membership takes to a dead end page.

Logging in puts user in WP back end with the Elementor newsfeed which is just confusing.

That image resizing process is really bad and irritating to deal with.

Resize the pic before the time .... max 900 pixels width.

For thr rest .... agreed ... nuff said.