Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

I didn't say that it wasn't good value for money, I'd just like to know why the increase is so much more than usual...

So would I, to tell you the truth.

But I'm still going to pay up.....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a reply quickly and swiftly from the club. I did not attend the SGM, so no vote and no complain. Just an observation.

My wife did not ride that much. and the reply regarding why the spouse was removed does not make sense.

Reply:

The Spouse membership was removed as there were very few Spouse memberships taken out by members. Same as Student memberships. 

So why not keep it then. 

Ok, so I have a new strategy that works well for me re the snake epidemic of apocalyptic proportions we are currently experiencing in Durbanville.

Go early, like start at 5h30/06h00 - this helps with the snake spotting as they are obviously still having a lie in. Ride your planned route, and then head to Meerendal. Make sure to be there at just after 08h00, because that is when the Park Run starts. You might initially think this will be a hindrance, until you see the running clothes some of the participants run in. I've been hitting max speeds of 4km/h up a slight gradient, just couldn't get myself to pass.

All in all, this ensured that I have had to only deal with one snake for the pas month or so. And thats cool, been dealing with him for years.

Fantastic bang for buck.

Sadly, inflation is catching up with all things including TMBMBMBCBC.

Can they be trusted as an organisation / board?

Any reason not to? 

The only reflection would be that they manage membership expectations and delive on what they promise. Really.

This is how I look at it:

I ride the trails at least once a week. If I have to buy a day permit at R50 each time, that's R200 a month.

R200 x 12 = R2400 per year.

Annual permit = R790. Bargain!!

A lot of maintenance was done to the trails the past year, including new trails (XCO trail, Skills Park, Protea Hotel corridor etc.).

For me, this justifies the increase. 

If only they would build a progressive technical trail. Where you have to speed control and be precise. Not just say every time we ask for something tech to "just go faster".

At present most "new trail" they build is just the same trail in a different place...Flow, berms...Hence Tygerberm.

Oh look, rocks! We'll build the trail AROUND those thanks and then grade it black :(

Fantastic bang for buck.

Sadly, inflation is catching up with all things including TMBMBMBCBC.

Can they be trusted as an organisation / board?

Any reason not to?

The only reflection would be that they manage membership expectations and delive on what they promise. Really.

I also trust them. But it is odd that they would hike the price with 19% with zero communication. The fact that they disabled comments on the announcement means they knew it would be controversial yet they can't be bothered to communicate the reason for the big increase.

I expect a little better from the clever peeps on the TBMC mgmt. A little clarity from their side would do a lot to diffuse the unhappiness & avoid speculation.

I also trust them. But it is odd that they would hike the price with 19% with zero communication. The fact that they disabled comments on the announcement means they knew it would be controversial yet they can't be bothered to communicate the reason for the big increase.

I expect a little better from the clever peeps on the TBMC mgmt. A little clarity from their side would do a lot to diffuse the unhappiness & avoid speculation.

Yip, questionable indeed.

In today's cost-sensitive environment, one would expect better.

Is it likely for a critical number of many memberships to end, I would venture to think 'yes'.

Let's see.

I have emailed in the week stating that it is now not within my budget to renew my membership. Didnt get a reply, but also didnt expect to get one.

I wonder if anyone else has.

I.wonder if they are loosing a huge amount of members due to this increase. For members living in the surrounding areas, its an obvious choice, but not if you from another suburb.

The trails are right on my doorstep and I ride it every week so even if they quadruple the price it would still be worthwhile for me...

But I think it is reasonable for club members to ask for an explanation on the high increase.