SA’s most expensive bicycle

Ispeed_V

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bicycle prices have increased dramatically in the last ten years, due in large part to a revolution in the technology used in their production to the greed of manufacturers and retailers and the stupidity of consumers who buy bikes as status symbols and not as tools :whistling:

Why is running a profitable business always seen as "greedy".

Why dont you work for half the pay you do now, you greedy bastard!

It's the disc brakes that have increased the price.

Yip, liability insurance cover for all the decapitations when you go down in the bunch... all making sense now

And everyone will still ask you “is it a fake”

Bike prices have got so out of hand ,the only way to continue is to get rid of the shops.

That’s the next step in the evolution.

A few years from now everyone will be following the “canyon” model.

Manufacturers will still have a few “concept stores where you can go in and view the entire range but after that all purchases will be online and deliver to your door.

Manufacturers are gatvol of dealing with shops and constant phone calls about another shop that is “ now undercutting “ everyone else.

I believe from 2019 Giant will be only available online in the USA.

VAT will increase on 1.4.2018 to 15%

Then this bike will cost R2272 more...

Declare it as a business 'delivery bicycle'?

from my days of articles. You'd be shocked at how many Harley Davidson delivery bikes there are.

UGLY bike. Money doesn't buy you style. But whatever makes  you come 26th in your bunch sprint.

I'm sure it feels lekker to suck wheel for 100km on this bike.

My accountant would never allow this. I only just got away with a new fridge and washing machine recently.

Crazy to think that riding my Ducati Diavel Dark next to a Pinarello guy and we both riding a steed that costs the same...  :wacko:

Why is running a profitable business always seen as "greedy".

Why dont you work for half the pay you do now, you greedy bastard!

im already working 3x as hard for a tenth of what im worth so there ^_^

im already working 3x as hard for a tenth of what im worth so there ^_^

You don’t get paid what you deserve. 

You get paid what other people think you're worth. 

And everyone will still ask you “is it a fake”

Bike prices have got so out of hand ,the only way to continue is to get rid of the shops.

That’s the next step in the evolution.

A few years from now everyone will be following the “canyon” model.

Manufacturers will still have a few “concept stores where you can go in and view the entire range but after that all purchases will be online and deliver to your door.

Manufacturers are gatvol of dealing with shops and constant phone calls about another shop that is “ now undercutting “ everyone else.

I believe from 2019 Giant will be only available online in the USA.

I'm in the motoring industry and hear this all the time about buying cars.

Yet, people expect to be able to walk into a high end looking showroom, have every single derivative of every single model on display, they want it at below cost price and they will bitch and moan about the profit the dealerships make from them.

Very few are willing to buy without touching and feeling first.

These shiny dealerships cost money to keep the doors open, having every single derivative of every model costs money, but people dont want that money to come from their pockets ?

Archived