Tubeless on the road

Popit

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fukall works at pressure.

Having run tubeless in the road for a while, I can say that the only upside is the lower pressures.

I have had 4 punctures and even though they sealed when the pressure dropped to about 2 bar, only 1 was a permanent seal. I had to replace the 3 other tyres, abd at R1000 per tyre, it’s not ideal.

Think of it as a run flat. It’s ok to get you home, but your ride is over.

Orange seal works. I used to run at 95psi and it sealed before 60 psi every time. If I was commuting I would cycle until home or pull into a petrol station. If I was in a race I would happily keep on going

Get a puncture when you're heading for a sub 3 argus and you'll regret not going tubeless! LOL

Or get one while on tubeless and spray the whole world and still not getting your sub 3 as you had to nurse your 1 bar tire to the finish line... (going by the feeling of the thread)

Or just be strong enough like a dude last week at the Tshwane Classic that had TWO punctures and did a 2:45...

Thanks Andreas - I will give Orange seal a try, now to find a set of gp5000 tubeless tires ... hopefully in time for Christmas :)

Or get one while on tubeless and spray the whole world and still not getting your sub 3 as you had to nurse your 1 bar tire to the finish line... (going by the feeling of the thread)

Or just be strong enough like a dude last week at the Tshwane Classic that had TWO punctures and did a 2:45...

There seems to be a perception that sealant starts spraying all over the place. It really doesn't at all. Like I said, I've had no problem carrying on with my ride at 60 psi (4 bar)

if only one could get 28mm tubeless tyres in SA

Gavia .. Westdene cycles . I bought a set 3 or 4 weeks ago . Standard tubeless tire on Giants

There seems to be a perception that sealant starts spraying all over the place. It really doesn't at all. Like I said, I've had no problem carrying on with my ride at 60 psi (4 bar)

When you have any of those sealants that just don't work, that's exactly what happens. LOL

PS: which Orange Seal have you used.?

I see that there are 3 options available:

Regular

Endurance

Sub-zero

I didn't even know it came in 3 variations. I just checked and I have the Endurance

Ok, according the ratings seems Regular has the best sealing but shortest lifespan while Endurance lasts a bit longer.

Assume sub-zero for cold conditions.

To think that in 100years we have yet to come up with a better solution than pneumatic tyres.

Had to google that word, seems there are some sort of non pneumatic ones. Like www.tannus.com. I know what I am researching today!

To think that in 100years we have yet to come up with a better solution than pneumatic tyres.

possibly because for 100 years they worked and now we have to over think everything :whistling:

What about "PERMA TUBES".? ;)