Tubeless on the road

Popit

I just mounted Mavic Yksion Pro UST tyres to Mavic Open Pro Tubeless rims ... I hope I don't regret going road tubeless. Mixed Stan's Race and Stan's std Sealant 50/50, at about 80cc to each tyre.

post-20017-0-31822500-1521789166_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eddie_V

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just mounted Mavic Yksion Pro UST tyres to Mavic Open Pro Tubeless rims ... I hope I don't regret going road tubeless. Mixed Stan's Race and Stan's std Sealant 50/50, at about 80cc to each tyre.

nice :thumbup:

how wide the tyre?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also know nothing. I ride pro one 25s at 50 to 80 psi max. Huge air volume on argent rim. Tyre width at 80 psi, >27mm

They'll get on eventually, just use big plastic levers and be very careful to not scuff the rim tape. Warming the tyre might help too.

And then when you need to take it off?

What if you puncture on a ride and need to put a tube in? Saw someone once with this problem and decided against it for my wheels.

Although I have subsequently bought some tyre juice from Token, who say it's the way to go and their stuff is the business

• 4 weeks later...

I also know nothing. I ride pro one 25s at 50 to 80 psi max. Huge air volume on argent rim. Tyre width at 80 psi, >27mm

Also on Pro One 25s, but running on American Classic victory 30s. Like to ride them at 5bar, measures out at 27mm on the rim.

Did two of races and three long rides with them with zero issues.

I am dreading the day when I get a puncture that Stans won't close up. I do carry a spare just in case, I am also aware that it will be a 30min exercise in patience to get those tyres off and on again.

Don't waste time and money with road tubeless conversions, use these :

www.tubolito.co.za

Don't waste time and money with road tubeless conversions, use these :

www.tubolito.co.za

I only looked at them a month ago, when they only had MTB versions. Have they launched the road version yet?

I only looked at them a month ago, when they only had MTB versions. Have they launched the road version yet?

Yeah they have, but I simply cannot justify the crazy price tag!

I am dreading the day when I get a puncture that Stans won't close up. I do carry a spare just in case, I am also aware that it will be a 30min messy exercise in patience to get those tyres off and on again.

rectified :ph34r:

rectified :ph34r:

Just out of interest, how much does it happen that you have to put the spare in? I am hoping that it is only in really exceptional conditions