Replace helmet?

Crazy88

Hi Guys,

Anyone know if the dent on my helmet requires it to be replaced for safety??

Thanks

post-98809-0-85016600-1522323773_thumb.jpeg

Thanks, will go with the replace option. Have not worn it since it took this knock. Off the bike for a while due to coming off worse than the helmet in other areas

Thanks, will go with the replace option. Have not worn it since it took this knock. Off the bike for a while due to coming off worse than the helmet in other areas

Check whether Fox has a crash replacement policy.

I know Bell will give you a massive discount (50% off?) if you hand the damaged one in, fill in a form to explain what happened, and buy a new Bell of the same value. 

Check whether Fox has a crash replacement policy.

I know Bell will give you a massive discount (50% off?) if you hand the damaged one in, fill in a form to explain what happened, and buy a new Bell of the same value.

You can even upgrade to a better helmet with bell. Rudy project on the other hand is not worth the trouble.

Yup replace. Someone explained in much more detail than I remember, but in short it has to do with the compression of the materials in the helmet. It's only built to take one proper hit. 

My helmet looked better than that, with a dent about half the size, and even the insurance wrote it off without any debate.

So humour me !

What do you guys do with dinged helmet?

Destroy it?

(So no-one can accidently use it)

(I have three - can't get myself to put a hammer to them)

Edited by porqui

So humour me !

Destroy it?

I donated mine to blue collar commuters. A dinged helmet is better than no helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know Bell have a one-year replacement clause (when the helmet is considered dangerous), regardless of whether it was your fault or not. Perhaps Fox does too. 

If the inside is not cracked there is no need to replace. If it's cracked then replace.

You often can't even see the hairline cracks in a helmet.One hard drop is sometimes enough to make it unsafe and this looks like a pretty hard knock.

So humour me !

Destroy it?

You need to stop falling on your head