I think I need a bra strap.

Lately I have been struggle by with my heart rate monitor strap slipping during exercise.

I have finally lost my tummy and now the strap is constantly slipping down. It’s annoying.

Especially when running or doing cardio training at the gym

Anyone else have the same issue?

Was thinking of taking an old bra of my wife’s and sewing the straps onto the hrm to create some sort of over shoulder holder or maybe buying a cheap kiddy suspender set to try do the same thing?

No, I will not be giving back my man card.

Just make sure you wear a matching gstring

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. I use a Fenix 5x which has built in hr. But I find with hiit it is a little inaccurate. So hence the reason for using a chest strap.

Glad to see I was not alone in this.

I will give the suspenders a try and also might try some kinesio tape to hold it down. See which one is best.

Keep the ideas coming. Maybe there is something better...

Drink more beer and put on some weight?

Or the ne polar H10 strap with silicone stuff and knobs really grips, just buy a small size for skinny guys or girls

QY4PDvv.jpg

Get it to a tailor. Sew belt loops on each end wear them like suspenders. I'm sure you could even get those plastic strap length adjusters from the same place.

Not sure what they would be called. 

Having them made should be cheap as chips

fjdR3GV.jpg

No, I will not be giving back my man card.

Eeerrrmmm.... might I remind you that you handed that back a LOOONG time ago...

Just put a twist of your lower bra strap around the HR strap.... should keep it up nicely - as would tightening the elastic and cleaning the anti slip pads with dishwashing soap or alcohol - see if you can get them a bit sticky again......

If you wear bibs then maybe you can put some Velcro on the HR strap and some on the bib straps and that should hold it in place?

Why not take a tube of silicon and put a series of small blobs or lines of silicon on the back of the strap

Some straps get looser a while after putting them on. 

The simple solution is just to make it a bit tighter to begin with.

My HR strap tends to start slipping once it ages, best solution i've found is to just buy a new strap. The Wahoo Tickr X strap works the best.

Out of interest, why would you then not go with the Wahoo one to 20dolla less? 

Wahoo one has great battery life but zero features.  No accelerometer.  No memory for storing HR so you can't use it for swimming (ANT+ and BLE doesn't work underwater)

The new Schosche has everything