The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

10 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Strangely enough I recently got a bike from a friend with one carbon and one alu Roval 🤔. I have yet to decide what I am going to do with either. Maybe you can make things easier for me :clap:

If you are getting ride of it I would be happy to take it. Could you PM some pics?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/26/2023 at 3:51 PM, RobertWhitehead said:

Strangely enough I recently got a bike from a friend with one carbon and one alu Roval 🤔. I have yet to decide what I am going to do with either. Maybe you can make things easier for me :clap:

Have you decided what you are doing with the rim yet?

56 minutes ago, dalem44 said:

Have you decided what you are doing with the rim yet?

Ya sorry man, I am going to hang onto it for a bit. Maybe I can complete the set later down the line 

15 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Ya sorry man, I am going to hang onto it for a bit. Maybe I can complete the set later down the line 

Thanks. Let me know if you would like to get rid of it at a later stage

Good day all, looking for a bike for our security guard, his bike got stolen, he is willing to pay( he does not have a lot) , I will trade a set of mavic road wheels that I have with his cash, feel free to DM me, I managed to get one "cheap" bike for another guard, one is still stranded without transport. 

28 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Good day all, looking for a bike for our security guard, his bike got stolen, he is willing to pay( he does not have a lot) , I will trade a set of mavic road wheels that I have with his cash, feel free to DM me, I managed to get one "cheap" bike for another guard, one is still stranded without transport. 

Sent you a DM, I will be able to get you going or sorted. 

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a set of Shimano 8 speed road shifters or a right side rx100 8 speed? Please let me know and how much you would like for it. 🙏

Hoping for somebody can help ....

I am looking to buy a second charger for a Giant e-bike, 2019 model. Thanks to loadshedding I may need 2 chargers for a 3-day stage race.

Charger model number - GL 1270 C

Charger-1.jpg.f822c09807f4fd49e4cef74bf510b227.jpg

Charger-2.jpg.bdbfa6165b13b9cbf078634386ef3669.jpg

Kindly note the plug type in the attached photos.  THIS seems to be main change between the different model chargers.

Charger-3.jpg.cb603be6261dfdf1230ea852cd98d71f.jpg

PS - I have placed a WANTED add - https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/e-bike-frames-and-parts/643851/wanted-2019-giant-e-bike-charger

PPS - I have scoured the Stolen section and reached out to a number of people who had their 2019/2020 Giant e-bikes "re-distributed" .... Some VERY helpfull people !!!  One has a different plug type, another cant find the charger, may be gone or hidden very deeply .....

This is clearly a bit of a grudge purchase, as I "may need" it if we have bad loadshedding at Augrabies .... so any help in sourcing a 2nd hand unit will be greatly appreciated !! :clap:

I will be monitoring my Hub messages :thumbup:  More contact details on the Wanted thread as well.

BAIE DANKIE :thumbup:

On 5/23/2023 at 6:41 PM, ChrisF said:

Hoping for somebody can help ....

I am looking to buy a second charger for a Giant e-bike, 2019 model. Thanks to loadshedding I may need 2 chargers for a 3-day stage race.

Charger model number - GL 1270 C

Charger-1.jpg.f822c09807f4fd49e4cef74bf510b227.jpg

Charger-2.jpg.bdbfa6165b13b9cbf078634386ef3669.jpg

Kindly note the plug type in the attached photos.  THIS seems to be main change between the different model chargers.

Charger-3.jpg.cb603be6261dfdf1230ea852cd98d71f.jpg

PS - I have placed a WANTED add - https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/e-bike-frames-and-parts/643851/wanted-2019-giant-e-bike-charger

PPS - I have scoured the Stolen section and reached out to a number of people who had their 2019/2020 Giant e-bikes "re-distributed" .... Some VERY helpfull people !!!  One has a different plug type, another cant find the charger, may be gone or hidden very deeply .....

This is clearly a bit of a grudge purchase, as I "may need" it if we have bad loadshedding at Augrabies .... so any help in sourcing a 2nd hand unit will be greatly appreciated !! :clap:

I will be monitoring my Hub messages :thumbup:  More contact details on the Wanted thread as well.

BAIE DANKIE :thumbup:

bump .....

Any leads will be appreciated .... (pun intended)

On 4/21/2023 at 2:08 PM, i24 said:

I am looking for a set of brake levers for V-Brakes for a commuter bike to replace ones like this in the photo below. (Sorry focus is not lekker). If the calipers are available I could use them too.

The bike is a department store special that I donated to my gardener a while back. But I also supplied a free "maintenance contract" 🙄.

The barrel adjusters on these levers slip and loose all cable tension. One fell off and got lost so that brake has stopped working altogether.

I am located in Cape Town southern suburbs. I am happy to contribute towards shipping or component value.

(I should really find a replacement bike. But if I do, I know this one will get passed on to another commuter. So best the brakes get fixed first.).

IMG_20230413_110630538.jpg

Just a follow up on this.

Thanks to the generosity of Lieb47 this bike now has working brakes! So you no longer need to panic if you see it behind you in the traffic.

It now has new brake leavers and calipers. I also replaced the cables and fitted a new chain.

IMG_20230501_100746068.resized.jpg

On 4/11/2023 at 6:06 AM, Falling Over said:

I have a Rockshox Reverb droppper post that failed. Available to anyone that thinks they can rebuild it, or that requires it for parts.

30.9mm diameter. 390mm length.

No lever or cables. 

20230410_214908.jpg

20230410_214913.jpg

Is this still available?

Hi Gents.

Before I bother going to try and find who/if anyone actually has stock, I am going to try here 1st.

I am looking who for one, Yes, ONE white Velotoze High Shoe cover. I have a "pair", wore them once, as I got home slipped on the rough brick steps outside my house and the one ripped completely, So looking for one to complete the pair if anyone else has perhaps also had a mishap with theirs.I did make contact with the last shop I knew of in CT who had stock last year but they have no more stock.