The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

16 hours ago, RRIBike said:

Width x Length

3mm x 5mm
6mm x 15mm

The diameter of the wire and number of turns is important, that makes up the spring rate and force at the end of the day.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i fixed it temporarily. I manage to purchase the bigger spring (came out of those 200pc springs) but the very small one I could not find but manage with one i got from a pen. It works but I think the tension is too much on the spring so its a bit stiff unless it will eventually become softer.

Thanks guys for your help and suggestions, i will continuously look for another spring or hopefully get a broken shifter to use the original springs

Taking a fat chance but anyone have a TV box lying around in the Alberhoughton area? Willing to pay a few ZA rondt ...

Helping a bedridden friend of my wife whose ancient 'MyGica' box doesn't support DSTV anymore. She uses her son's 'login'

Looking for 260x55 chinese tyres to get a bit of life out of our off-road stroller and to pass it on in a few months time.

Willing to pay and postage.

22 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Taking a fat chance but anyone have a TV box lying around in the Alberhoughton area? Willing to pay a few ZA rondt ...

Helping a bedridden friend of my wife whose ancient 'MyGica' box doesn't support DSTV anymore. She uses her son's 'login'

Sorted! Bought one from a local 2nd hand store 😎

I used to see an add of some folks looking for broken carbon frames, I have a broken front triangle for an Epic World cup edition with a 2017 Epic finisher sticker (nogal) if anyone wants to mount it against a wall or pull a wire through it to make a light or whatever :thumbup:

Come to think about it, I also have some damaged carbon rims as well, this can be used for hoolas or something (the creative juices are flowing this morning) 

Edited by RobertWhitehead
Skarramoesh

Looking to buy a higher rise handlebar, 31.8 clamp and min 780mm wide.

Keen to try it but don't want to buy a brand new one just to test.

On 6/23/2023 at 2:36 PM, RRIBike said:

i fixed it temporarily. I manage to purchase the bigger spring (came out of those 200pc springs) but the very small one I could not find but manage with one i got from a pen. It works but I think the tension is too much on the spring so its a bit stiff unless it will eventually become softer.

Easy enough to disassemble and reassemble?

3 hours ago, Sprockets said:

Looking to buy a higher rise handlebar, 31.8 clamp and min 780mm wide.

Keen to try it but don't want to buy a brand new one just to test.

Look at rapide.co.za their bars are really good and pretty damn cheap

Hi, all... i have a proposition...

I have an "Oldschool" roadbike project  or parts to swap for a pair of used men's MTB shoes size 8 (42) or 9 (43) with a bit of life still in them, used shimano SPD pedals, a few old men's cycling kits (L) and/or a few old black bibs... if i can't swop out, i will consider a donation to buy some of these stuff 2nd hand on thehub...

Here's the "Oldschool project specs"
Steel frame XL (60cm)
Mavic wheelset with Shimano 105 Hubs
Shimano 105 Front & Rear derailleur
Shimano 600 old school shifters
Raleigh seat
Aluminium Handlebar with Brake leavers

To complete the bike you will need a chain, front & rear brakes, tyres & tubes.

20230629_192413_resize_77.jpg

20230629_195414_resize_81.jpg

20230629_195513_resize_57.jpg

20230629_195614_resize_82.jpg

20230629_195647_resize_66.jpg

20230629_195722_resize_71.jpg

20230629_195750_resize_94.jpg

20230629_195837_resize_84.jpg

Edited by Eagle_i

18 hours ago, Eagle_i said:

Hi, all... i have a proposition...

I have an "Oldschool" roadbike project  or parts to swap for a pair of used men's MTB shoes size 8 (42) or 9 (43) with a bit of life still in them, used shimano SPD pedals, a few old men's cycling kits (L) and/or a few old black bibs... if i can't swop out, i will consider a donation to buy some of these stuff 2nd hand on thehub...

Here's the "Oldschool project specs"
Steel frame XL (60cm)
Mavic wheelset with Shimano 105 Hubs
Shimano 105 Front & Rear derailleur
Shimano 600 old school shifters
Raleigh seat
Aluminium Handlebar with Brake leavers

To complete the bike you will need a chain, front & rear brakes, tyres & tubes.

20230629_192413_resize_77.jpg

20230629_195414_resize_81.jpg

20230629_195513_resize_57.jpg

20230629_195614_resize_82.jpg

20230629_195647_resize_66.jpg

20230629_195722_resize_71.jpg

20230629_195750_resize_94.jpg

20230629_195837_resize_84.jpg

I am slightly confused, are you looking to swop the project bike for the stuff you mentioned? Kit etc? 

2 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I am slightly confused, are you looking to swop the project bike for the stuff you mentioned? Kit etc? 

Hi, Robert. Yes you assume correct, or parts for something used i need. Eg. Derick has got some MTB shoes to swop for the shifters, so the shifters are on hold for derick.👍

I am very flexible with the whole proposal thing.🙃

Edited by Eagle_i
Eish my spelling is terrible...😆

Ok, I am keen to join the bartering 😁. I am keen on the frame and fork. I don't have much in terms of kit but I do have a few parts and pedals

10 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Ok, I am keen to join the bartering 😁. I am keen on the frame and fork. I don't have much in terms of kit but I do have a few parts and pedals

Robert, pm me what you have to offer maybee there is something i could use, we will work something out.🙂👍

Just now, Eagle_i said:

Robert, pm me what you have to offer maybee there is something i could use, we will work something out.🙂👍

PM sent 😁