[Event] Hollard JUMA 2018

Kellykazi

instagriz (or the lack thereof) puts me out of contention.

Anyhoo...looking forward to getting my ass handed to me by the monster. 

This hi-jack has oficially ended, normal programming will continue as advertised...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You’ll be fine youngster, rub some Vicks on your chest

Are you going for the double this weekend?

Anyone from Jobeg south going to registration, really don't feel like the schlep to 4ways ....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks for useful info guys - looking forward to it - just hoping there is not too much unclipping and dismounting. Seeding and the fact that it is 72kms should be a good regulator for people not having to unclip to go through water!

The seriously advise not to wear cleats as it holds up the flow and is dangerous as well

Anyone from Jobeg south going to registration, really don't feel like the schlep to 4ways ....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You can register on the morning of the JUMA

Are you going for the double this weekend?

I am indeed, not training so may as well race. Monster followed by Punisher. Hope we can have a beer or 3. 

The seriously advise not to wear cleats as it holds up the flow and is dangerous as well

Was wondering about cleats - I was hoping however that due to it being 72kms that the avergae rider is somewhat technically proficient and if you have a goodish seeding that most riders in front of you shouldn't be unclipping.

Or are there certain parts that require you to unclip regardless? Really don't feel like cycling 72kms with plastic *** flats and not going to go out and buy decent flats for 1 race

On that note - anyone know anything about the seeding as that may influence the flats vs cleats toss up 

Signed up for JUMA after saying i would not, not very fit right now but i should be good for a reasonable ride. Been seeded in Batch A for the 50 km.

Either SAS like me a lot from my old cycling times 3 yrs ago, or the seeding is a bit skewed due to low entry numbers. I guess there will be a lot of people unclipping.

PS i do not intend unclipping at every 20 cm drop off as i have found in other races......... :cursing:

Or are there certain parts that require you to unclip regardless? Really don't feel like cycling 72kms with plastic *** flats and not going to go out and buy decent flats for 1 race

There are some sections that are not rideable (think carrying your bike up a ladder) and you will need to unclip. That said, I did the 54km last year in cleats and it wasn't a huge issue.

Signed up for JUMA after saying i would not, not very fit right now but i should be good for a reasonable ride. Been seeded in Batch A for the 50 km.

Either SAS like me a lot from my old cycling times 3 yrs ago, or the seeding is a bit skewed due to low entry numbers. I guess there will be a lot of people unclipping.

PS i do not intend unclipping at every 20 cm drop off as i have found in other races......... :cursing:

Did SAS send you a Whatsapp or sms?

There are some sections that are not rideable (think carrying your bike up a ladder) and you will need to unclip. That said, I did the 54km last year in cleats and it wasn't a huge issue.

Thanks for that, was not aware of the ladder element!

I have rubber soled commuter shoes with cleats that I always wear for the JUMA. No issues so far with either slipping when walking or being able unclip in time  

The bridge over Rivonia Road went up yesterday. Looked complete this morning.

Used to take them much longer, clearly they've had practice.

I remember hitting that thing like a ton of bricks last year and getting air on the way down the other side.

post-105680-0-90404100-1527768797_thumb.jpg

post-105680-0-64788200-1527768923_thumb.jpg

post-105680-0-80404900-1527768977_thumb.jpg