Scammer: Peets

Apeman2

I've had some fake frames and parts come through my workshop.  The good ones you will not be able to tell from photos.  You start to get suspicious when you find things like the headset bearings fitted before the last clear coat is applied, the braze on FD mount is riveted straight into the carbon without reinforcement, the internal cabling has to go through a maze of carbon fibres and plastic and so on.

I think parts and rims are even more difficult to spot and often come to light only when they fail.  Suspect stuff comes up on the Hub.  One of my customers bought a seatpost here that failed and proved to be fake and recently when I was searching for a saddle I came across two that I found very suspicious.  One had a slight fold in the cover material at the back and the other had a pattern that I could not find the exact picture of.  None of this stuff was at "bargain" prices when compared with the new.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You seem to know a lot about this specific transaction, i.e. that the price was unrealistically low and the OP knew he was buying a fake.

How can you be so sure ?

Don't know the price, don't know the details of the transaction, just started reading the tread yesterday, and this morning decided to register and give my point of vie

which is what everyone else has done, so if you don't like, then that's your problem, do with it what you will, I just regularly see these post and its always the same story, it the same, if you by a pair of Okleys from Allibaba, YOU SHOULD KNOW ITS NOT TE REAL THING, so when making a decision let common-sense prevail, otherwise you are more likely than not to make a stupid decision, when you mate from Brakpan says, hold my beer and check this move, then common-sense should tell you it might be a great idea to get out of the car, 

MY OPINION, so do with it what you will

But i'm in no way related to any parties involved? I just happened to stumble upon this and throw in my opinion? 

TRUST ME

You have earned my trust with those capital letters

This would make SUCH a good Friday thread, it has nearly everything, jumping to conclusions with serious convictions, name calling, those that caution that we do not yet have all the information, threats of criminal prosecution.

All I am missing between everything is maybe a love story to develop (or was that where the link comes in when the seller notes his frame is not "compatible" for his gf?)

Guys

My name is been brought into this conversation. I have been a member of the Hub for a number of years already. Please check. I use my name OWEN. I have nothing to do with Peter or the poor guy who bought stuff. 

I have zero contact with Peter Lambert. He was involved with track cycling in the Western Cape. Therefore we used him to help out the team for about 3 months last year. 

I wish the frame in question would be published, so we can all move on.

Please again........... leave me out this 

Serious question - is a 2nd hand 2015 Cervelo S5 frame for 23K a ballpark price or should the "to good to be true" alarm bells go off?

Are you sure it's not a Bordelo?

Serious question - is a 2nd hand 2015 Cervelo S5 frame for 23K a ballpark price or should the "to good to be true" alarm bells go off?

depends on if it comes with a "certificate" or not :ph34r:

depends on if it comes with a "certificate" or not :ph34r:

Did they produce yours yesterday after work?

Sent the accused on twitter, a link to this thread , he hasn't been active since 2016 so let's see.

Yeah, you can see all of his adverts if you google: "peets" classifieds  site:bikehub.co.za

The Cervelo is on the 2nd page of results: https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/251370-cervelo-s5-frameset-2015/

This bike is a real beauty 

Wrong size for my gf so i have to sell

So the ladies in team ASG-Bestmed ride on counterfeit frames?  :eek:  :ph34r:

So by following the obvious investigative line mentioned above, I have found the following post by Peets:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/152758-sa-women%E2%80%99s-track-cycling-enters-exciting-new-era/?do=findComment&comment=2779930

Seems to me Peets knows a great deal about the ASG-Bestmed ladies, and by deducing the facts mentioned in this thread, I am of the opinion that in fact Peets / Peter Lambert is the same person.

But then, as Rouxtjie would keep reminding everyone, Peets post count is a mere 5 ? And now we all know what that implies...

So by following the obvious investigative line mentioned above, I have found the following post by Peets:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/152758-sa-women%E2%80%99s-track-cycling-enters-exciting-new-era/?do=findComment&comment=2779930

Seems to me Peets knows a great deal about the ASG-Bestmed ladies, and by deducing the facts mentioned in this thread, I am of the opinion that in fact Peets / Peter Lambert is the same person.

But then, as Rouxtjie would keep reminding everyone, Peets post count is a mere 5 ? And now we all know what that implies...

No investigation needed, he helped out the team for 3 months last year. 

That Cervelo frame was posted almost a year ago. Why does everyone assume this IS the fake sold to the OP? Has this been established and I missed it?

Archived