Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

I'm having a terrible time with UPS, trying to get them to send me an invoice on VAT/Duties has been a nightmare. My parcel is just sitting in their warehouse with "outstanding documentation required".

My parcel spent 10 days in the UPS warehouse without moving and each time I queried it I was told it was with Customs.

After finally collecting my parcel from their warehouse it was clear that it was never inspected by Customs as the original closures were intact.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My last order from CRC was also with Skynet and they are much slower than DHL.  Took at least 14days to get my stuff.  Had to beg them for my invoice so that I could pay customs.  The 48h turnaround time after you have made payment is also ridicules.  Maybe we should all contact CRC and ask them nicely to start using DHL again.  Next time you order something you have to take that R350 + VAT into account.

My parcel spent 10 days in the UPS warehouse without moving and each time I queried it I was told it was with Customs.

After finally collecting my parcel from their warehouse it was clear that it was never inspected by Customs as the original closures were intact.

ai

they'll be back

I set that up SO nicely and it took ages! Thank you!

On a different note, paddle practice this weekend or next week?

Seems Customs Dept at ORT is going the way of just about every other organ of public service here in ZA, most shipments sit for days.. then request commercial invoice (which they had) sent that ... wait .. then stop ... follow up  ... more documents (Invoice again) ,... and so it goes on, three weeks now with a package from China with a $1000+ of electronics in it. Via TNT this time (prepaid $380 shipping)

Skynet is pathetic

Placed the order, CRC shipped it in 2 shipments as from 2 different warehoused (only knew that after the order was shipped), had to pay double R350 "admin fee" and also Skynet waited for money to show in there bank account first  before releasing it (adding another 2 days) (WTF),

Also had to use 3 Skynet  sites to track the shipment, UK, then international local, then local to try figure where package is.

I emailed CRC and  got the same generic reply from CRC.  They gave me 20gbp gift voucher valid for 3 months  to say sorry... not sure what going to buy with it as have to pay stupid clearance fees again.

Edited by Karman de Lange

Now I am feeling slightly better, although not happy....

Ordered a Thompson 1.5" top cap for a Cannondale on 23 April it was also on clearance, I also chose the express option as you can almost be certain you'll have your stuff in 48, perhaps 72hrs.

SkyNet is beyond useless, they even argue with their own tracking system. My parcel had been in South Africa since 27 April, and it eventually got delivered this morning. If I selected useless as an option during shipping it could have been ok; but I selected and paid for Express..

If I am allowed to quote Supreme Leader Snoke. "My disappointment in your performance cannot be overstated"

Now I am feeling slightly better, although not happy....

Ordered a Thompson 1.5" top cap for a Cannondale on 23 April it was also on clearance, I also chose the express option as you can almost be certain you'll have your stuff in 48, perhaps 72hrs.

SkyNet is beyond useless, they even argue with their own tracking system. My parcel had been in South Africa since 27 April, and it eventually got delivered this morning. If I selected useless as an option during shipping it could have been ok; but I selected and paid for Express..

If I am allowed to quote Supreme Leader Snoke. "My disappointment in your performance cannot be overstated"

Make sure to email CRC about it.  they said 2-3 days.  Maybe you get useless gift voucher as well :)

At least they will know it took much longer 

Edited by Karman de Lange

Placed order on 24th April, with express delivery...still waiting...

I'll definitely complain to CRC about the below average delivery times...Think if we all complain, they may do something about it.

DHL was so efficient! :(

Skynet is pathetic

Placed the order, CRC shipped it in 2 shipments as from 2 different warehoused (only knew that after the order was shipped), had to pay double R350 "admin fee" and also Skynet waited for money to show in there bank account first  before releasing it (adding another 2 days) (WTF),

Also had to use 3 Skynet  sites to track the shipment, UK, then international local, then local to try figure where package is.

I emailed CRC and  got the same generic reply from CRC.  They gave me 20gbp gift voucher valid for 3 months  to say sorry... not sure what going to buy with it as have to pay stupid clearance fees again.

And they are going to ship with SkyNet again??

paid 30% duties on a pair of cycling shoes

plus 15% VAT

plus R402.50 admin fee... :wacko:

AND express shipping - as per CRC basket...

I believe the 30% is not correct? - cycling shoes are sport equipment and not normal shoes  / clothing. Can anybody correct me if I'm wrong please.

(the shoe or even size I wanted could not be found locally, so was forced to order offshore)

Edited by Mongoose!

This thread makes me sad.

My package is in customs. Been there since Tuesday. No movement. I guess it’s at least another week until I get it.

:,(

paid 30% duties on a pair of cycling shoes

plus 15% VAT

plus R402.50 admin fee... :wacko:

AND express shipping - as per CRC basket...

I believe the 30% is not correct? - cycling shoes are sport equipment and not normal shoes  / clothing. Can anybody correct me if I'm wrong please.

(the shoe or even size I wanted could not be found locally, so was forced to order offshore)

Do they wear shoes in Bloem??? :ph34r:

Seriously though, I heard it was 100% duty on shoes and clothes. You may have got lucky!

I ordered some pedals from crc a few weeks back. The R350 skynet charge pissed me off, R200 more than dhl. However I had no customs kan, got through on a day.

Do they wear shoes in Bloem??? :ph34r:

hahahaha....man I miss that online racing days

You still riding online?