E-bikes on Sani2c

Goodbadugly

I for one think if they're not competing then why shouldn't they be allowed to enjoy trails and Nandos burgers (they still serve those on day 2, right?!).

I think perhaps I should try Sani next year on an eBike. I tried the regular version some years back, but don't really feel like training again...

Perhaps I should use this one...

http://www.ktmfreeride-e.com/media/48056/wallpaper3_2048x1536.jpg

...do you think I can charge it at the phone charging station?

http://motorcycle.com.vsassets.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/072517-ktm-freeride-e-xc-electric-01-355x388.jpg

Edited by patches

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will be in at least one of those categories one day

If you choose to ride a ebike,go ahead,but don’t try to pull the wool over my eyes.

It’s NOT mountain biking.

It’s a marketing tool for the fat,lazy,old or disabled.

Edited by Seadog

Not sure there's any reason to bash e-bikes or those who ride them, there's room enough for all of us.

If there's enough demand, the organisers simply need to incorporate them into the seeding. This might take a bit of thought and deliberation but I can't see why a solution wouldn't be possible.

This said, my own experience is that the vast majority of participants in events like sani2c aren't there to race, they're there to enjoy the trails and the experience.

The only whining I want hear on the trails is my partner suffering.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Give that partner a Bells...

Tongue and Cheek. Trust me, I did all the suffering......

Give that partner a Bells...

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Two of the e-bikes ( I think there were 3 e-bikes in total ? ) were people from Trek South Africa . They had gotten special permission from Farmer Glen to basically do a real life test of an e-bike in stage race like conditions . They were not allowed to interfere with the race and had to stay in their batch ( I think it was batch D or E ? ) every day . 

Two of the e-bikes ( I think there were 3 e-bikes in total ? ) were people from Trek South Africa . They had gotten special permission from Farmer Glen to basically do a real life test of an e-bike in stage race like conditions . They were not allowed to interfere with the race and had to stay in their batch ( I think it was batch D or E ? ) every day .

Might have helped to have informed everybody at the race briefing. Then we would not be having this discussion.

I must however mention that a friend of mine who saw a guy on an e bike says that he was a fat toppie. Trek SA and Fat Toppie just doesnt sound right to me.

Might have helped to have informed everybody at the race briefing. Then we would not be having this discussion.

I must however mention that a friend of mine who saw a guy on an e bike says that he was a fat toppie. Trek SA and Fat Toppie just doesnt sound right to me.

Well, Vetseun and Munga also doesn't seem right to me, but thats just how it is..

I am quite sure the organizers and the e-bike riders came to an agreement that would not influence any one else's race. If it influenced someone's enjoyment, that would be their own fault.

Often we perceive people based on predetermined stereotypes: i.e. e-bike=fat toppie, so they’ll look fat and middle aged to us. Agree with better coms required from the farmer. Slap a media number board and a gopro on them bikes and just tell the participants about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I move over like I would for all other faster riders and enjoy my ride , it really no big deal !

If allowed , why is Race any different other events than A batch .

More than half of B drop to C any way as they don’t want to mix it up with big boys

Ebike on order and looking forward to breathing down your fragile ego [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

If you need an Ebike to try and breath down others egos, you need to ask, who actually has the ego problem?

There were a number of eBikes on the Trail event that I rode.

As far as I know that are timed / recorded separately.

They teams I saw on eBikes were cool and even some of the "larger" ladies on them could shred downhill so it was fine.

As an organiser, especially a race like Sani2C that pumps so much cash back into the community, why not allow those who possibly would not normally be able to finish the race to also partake in such an epic experience.

Besides, all the guys I chatted with said that they run out of batteries in the last 10 km or so and then they *** off even worse than the rest of us.

That might have been the 3rd e-bike I mentioned ??

I for one think if they're not competing then why shouldn't they be allowed to enjoy trails and Nandos burgers (they still serve those on day 2, right?!).

I think perhaps I should try Sani next year on an eBike. I tried the regular version some years back, but don't really feel like training again...

Perhaps I should use this one...

http://www.ktmfreeride-e.com/media/48056/wallpaper3_2048x1536.jpg

...do you think I can charge it at the phone charging station?

http://motorcycle.com.vsassets.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/072517-ktm-freeride-e-xc-electric-01-355x388.jpg

The fact that you think an eBike is in any way related to this shows a bit of ignorance.

The power only comes in when you pedal, there is no throttle like an a motorbike.

And also they only boost up to 25km/h normally.

The fact that you think an eBike is in any way related to this shows a bit of ignorance.

The power only comes in when you pedal, there is no throttle like an a motorbike.

And also they only boost up to 25km/h normally.

Here on the hub, comic sans font means sarcasm.

Just trying to aid you overcoming a bit of ignorance

Here on the hub, comic sans font means sarcasm.

Just trying to aid you overcoming a bit of ignorance

Now if you could be a good little sarcastic boy and let the app developers of Tapatalk know about our self-imposed sarcasm mode right here on the ol Hub, it’ll be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by GLuvsMtb