E-bikes on Sani2c

Goodbadugly

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It starts with a category for eBikes and before you know it, there'll be a category for motorbikes.

Sounds like a slippery slope, and we know how ebikes handle a slippery slope. I am just waiting for a race when an ebiker actually admits to have been previously disadvantaged cos he now has an ebike and Bike Enhancement Evidence becomes a necessary evil in the anti-doping war.

Font assumed.

I think E bikes are awesome but in big SA events? What ever happened to these events been a challenge to complete. Next year I'll buy a Segway and enter the comrades...

The real challenge these days is finding ways to cheat without getting busted,

No drugs

No blood changeouts

No asthma stuff

No hidden motors

No e machines

No segways

Whats next, they gonna ban bananas soon !

It starts with a category for eBikes and before you know it, there'll be a category for motorbikes.

Really?? count me in. 

The real challenge these days is finding ways to cheat without getting busted,

Whats next, they gonna ban bananas soon !

Especially the ones from spain they use ion the TdF, man those thing are packed full of special nutrients

E bikes taking part in regular mtb events has been happening in Europe for awhile already.

Here in Switz there is one race I've been eyeing out which started allowing them from 2016 already. They are in their own category, usually the half marathon, not the main event  and start about 25 minutes after the regular riders.

Interestingly the winning e bike time in 2017 was 1:48 and the fastest regular rider (Licensed men) was 2:10.

The winning e-biker was a 1998 model vs a 1990 model for the licensed men winner.

Personally i don't feel the e bike category will become very popular, in the above mentioned event there were 11 entries in 2016 and 9 in 2017 vs 215 regular riders (2017)

Start times

post-182-0-25739200-1526323714_thumb.jpg

Restricted to motors capable of max 25kmh 

post-182-0-29742400-1526323698_thumb.jpg

For the A-batchers worried about e-bikes, pedal assist on ebikes doesn't work over 26km/h. The pointy end of A-batch averages a lot more than 26km/h, so there's zero chance of an ebike featuring.

I think you are underestimating exactly how fast someone can go on an e-bike. Look at the results attached of last years Stormsriver traverse. A mixed team on e-bikes actually came second and they definately weren’t racing snakes. They had to start at the back each day and apart from the technical bits were way faster than everybody else

post-4355-0-43578600-1526332884_thumb.jpeg

We had an ebike rider in our group on the Trail. He even had a what could only be described as one of those old suitcase holders the girls in primary school used to use on the back of their bikes with a spare battery attached. I was mid field and he wasn't much of an issue. Looked like he was k@kking off more than me to be honest.

I'm not happy to see them in events. The only whining I want hear on the trails is my partner suffering. Not some bikes electric motor. With what looked like in this specific case, just a lazy dude on it.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Luckily your partner does not complains often [emoji15] The guy on day 2 had to drag the thing up Iconic and it’s heavy, I dont think he had much fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ebikes are welcome on the Great Kei Trek, but you'd better make a plan to economize with your battery on the first 2 days. They are about 20km longer than the range of an ebike, and you don't want to be riding an uncharged ebike the last 20km of those 2 days. And I'm not organising a mid day charging station[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

how inconsiderate of you ....  :devil:   :cursing:

MANY ebikes will still manage to get their owners far enough that they would need to pedal back  :whistling:  ..... maybe one day that might even be me  :eek:   :ph34r:

I think you are underestimating exactly how fast someone can go on an e-bike. Look at the results attached of last years Stormsriver traverse. A mixed team on e-bikes actually came second and they definately weren’t racing snakes. They had to start at the back each day and apart from the technical bits were way faster than everybody else

If you conserve the battery, and use it for the hills, and then use your legs on the downhills .... With a bit of understanding of when to use what, surely one CAN do very good race times on a "25km/h" ebike ....

If you conserve the battery, and use it for the hills, and then use your legs on the downhills .... With a bit of understanding of when to use what, surely one CAN do very good race times on a "25km/h" ebike ....

Either way, you will be going faster on an eBike than you would on a normal bicycle.... so if you can only manage “ok” times on an eBike, you should go to bed knowing that on a normal bike you would have only managed a “***” time.

If I need to use the “moron font” to not offend......

Edited by Patchelicious

Either way, you will be going faster on an eBike than you would on a normal bicycle.... so if you can only manage “ok” times on an eBike, you should go to bed knowing that on a normal bike you would have only managed a “***” time.

If I need to use the “moron font” to not offend......

fish ... bait ....

Hehehehe .....

Jokes aside - the fact that the photographers on ebikes can catch and pass the RACERS tells the story .... at least in terms of potential "race times".

But then again, we have already established that an ebike can not "race" against normal bikes ... or more to the point, should not even be in the A bunch, so as not to influence the race results.

Maybe some race organiser will see a gap in the market and have a "Z-group" that starts 30 minutes after the last group each day, and who can get to enjoy an "adventure ride" - with NO prizes and no race times, just allowed to enjoy the nature.  Would be VERY interesting to see how many people would enter such a "Z-group" ???

o-damn .... please slap my back !!! Think I am choking on some bait !!!!

Now imagine if you ride an E-bike and you are homeschooled ???

Yip, just on my way home for some schoolin on my ebike with no helmet, short socks, saddle bag, an charger, stoppin now and then for a toke on the asthma pump, oh yeah!