Karoo to Coast

Marichen

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Each to their own I guess, but my profile pick says it all for me - thats top of Prince Alfred Pass, and we still had to conquer the mountains in the background. I guess for some it is just one of those events that is an annual must do. 

Having recently moved from Jhb to the Western Cape, I am looking forward to some of the events down here - any suggestions are most welcome :thumbup:

I agree with you there regarding the K2C being more fun and scenic than the CTCT. Even though I haven't done it before, and this one will be my first, from the footage I have seen, it DOES look a lot more appealing than the CTCT, which I have done 3 times already. I really don't plan on doing another CTCT any time soon.

Can't find the topic you started, another piece of advice, if you are relatively fit, do a few racetec events during the year to boost your seeding, otherwise you will start at the back,and will find bottlenecks at ou wapad, and then the descent after wapad will also be tricky with the amount of people, making a collision or crash a possibility. Try aiming for C batch, awesome people, not in too much of a hurry, lol

Ive done 5 k2c and love this event.

Had to choose between Matat2pont on the offroad bike or K2c. Matat2pont won this round.

Maybe next year

• 6 months later...

It's been a better winter than normal for me..Think I have the new indoor trainer to thank for that! Last year was my first K2C, and I suffered with cramps from 56km until the end in 5h49min. As soon as I got off the bike I said I have to do it under 5hours next time, so that's what I'm aiming for. Fitness is better this time around and I'm 20kg lighter. One more big 80km 2000m climbing ride this weekend, then it's taper time!

It's been a better winter than normal for me..Think I have the new indoor trainer to thank for that! Last year was my first K2C, and I suffered with cramps from 56km until the end in 5h49min. As soon as I got off the bike I said I have to do it under 5hours next time, so that's what I'm aiming for. Fitness is better this time around and I'm 20kg lighter. One more big 80km 2000m climbing ride this weekend, then it's taper time!

20 kilos of in a year is going to make you at least an hour faster with the added fitness on top. That is a fantastic effort

Daar is pille vir mense soos jy maar dis blykbaar te groot om te sluk.

LOL. 

My hoeveelheid ratte wys hoeveel breinselle ek het...