Next XTR: It is 12 speed !

Christie

Yoh, these comments here are mild compared to what guys on Pinkbike are slinging around below those Shimano spy shots.

Horses for courses, as people have suggested. My suggestions:

XC Racers: you will get single speed. Only. It's all about the weight afterall. And N1no would still nail it.

DH riders: you will get foot rests. Only. Out of wood (do something for the environment for a change). None of this chain and gears business. You shouldn't be pedallin' anyway.

All others: gearboxes. Then we can stop complaining about wear, maintenance, rotational mass, unsprung weight, ground clearance, etc. If you complain, you get a gearbox made by Land Rover.

never .... then the bikes will never make it out of the parking lot at the trails before breaking down.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

never .... then the bikes will never make it out of the parking lot at the trails before breaking down.

Totally environmentally unfriendly. Oil leaks on the singletrack. Tire companies will have to develop new tires. Muddy Mary, Racing Ralph, Oily Oliver.

Come on chaps.... 

Stop speaking SRAM *** and post more news about the new Shimano stuff supposedly being released today

Come on chaps.... 

Stop speaking SRAM *** and post more news about the new Shimano stuff supposedly being released today

I am assuming the release is set for "Merican time ... so we should see something in the next few hours?

brakes look match maker ish, so Shimano brakes Sram shifting whoooohoooooooooooo :clap: :clap: :clap:

And leaking oil on all those couch photo shoots.

Yup - 12 speed and 10-51.

Edit: 10-45 looks good but the 10-51 looks a little "gappy". 6 tooth jumps are large hence me still advocating 2x for some applications.

Edited by Eldron