Reversed Route 94.7 2018

mercurystorm

Finish will be way too fast. I think everyone should expect a lot of crashes. I would revise that if I was them... either flat or up to ensure more safety of all the groups - purely because there is so many cowboys on their bikes that day

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

original 947 used to run anti clockwise around the city. Climbing from blue hills to witkoppen, climbing jan smuts etc.

I did a few of those - I'm not from Jhb, so I don't know the road names, but we used to climb up from Kyalami, and then round through Midrand past Teazers (their waterpoint was brilliant :-) ), then back past the old Jacaranda studio onto back past Monte and then there was the brutal climb up William Nicol I think past the Zoo and then back up towards Kyalami along Woodmead drive I think.  To finish with a lap of Kyalami.  And yes, the mineshaft is a killer!

I stopped doing 94.7 when I reached no.15, but I think I might just want to do this version again, just to see....

original 947 used to run anti clockwise around the city. Climbing from blue hills to witkoppen, climbing jan smuts etc.

Yep - Up william Nicol from Riversands all the way to Braamfontein via William Nicol and Jan Smuts. It wasn't an easy route. Thats why it was call Jhb's toughest race. then it became Jhb's safest with the road closure. Its a long drag no matter which way you go...

Is it just me, or has the route map on the website been removed?

Someone will be in front of HR today.....

Don't see the total elevation any ideas what it would be

Look at your elevation loss from last year or year before. 

For those interested to see how much different the elevation plots would look like, the first one is the 2017 elevation map, the second image is the 2017 elevation map reversed....

post-27827-0-49694300-1527232690_thumb.png

post-27827-0-44026300-1527232698_thumb.png

Apparently this is indeed the new route. Organisers are really unhappy as it was leaked - it was meant to be the big announcement tomorrow. 

What a load of rubbish! Go waste your time on your own!

WTF are you on about?

For those interested to see how much different the elevation plots would look like, the first one is the 2017 elevation map, the second image is the 2017 elevation map reversed....

If anything I wouldn't mind trying the reverse.

But what a big KOCK UP for this to be leaked.

I got the original whatsapp on monday with them trialing the ride for the 3rd June (Coffee Ride) however rsvp is today so obviously this was sent to a select group of people. 

If anything I wouldn't mind trying the reverse.

But what a big KOCK UP for this to be leaked.

I got the original whatsapp on monday with them trialing the ride for the 3rd June (Coffee Ride) however rsvp is today so obviously this was sent to a select group of people. 

People simply can't keep a secret any more.

"Please don't tell anyone before the big reveal" is understood to mean: Don't post this on your facebook account yet, but you are welcome to tell all you friends and family with the assumption that they won't do the same, but then they do the same... etc...

Gonna be the worst kept secret by tomorrow when the "Big reveal" happens

Any idea how they would trial the M1 bit? Rolling police cover? I didn't know they trialled the route at all.

Archived