All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

biggest race of the year for team Qhubeka

Tour of Britain,

last three winners = JAP, MVDP and Wout, go back to 2016 and DDD won it with Stevo.

in 2021, the PCS startlist quality was 435, this year it is currently just 127. (Vuelta is 970, TdF 1550,) so the field is not that deep.

image.png.b19707f1e9c2762a730468e666d887c6.png

I dunno what they expect to get form the race, but expect some attacking. 

Edited by Shebeen

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

biggest race of the year for team Qhubeka

Tour of Britain,

last three winners = JAP, MVDP and Wout, go back to 2016 and DDD won it with Stevo.

in 2021, the PCS startlist quality was 435, this year it is currently just 127. (Vuelta is 970, TdF 1550,) so the field is not that deep.

image.png.b19707f1e9c2762a730468e666d887c6.png

I dunno what they expect to get form the race, but expect some attacking. 

well no matter how they do at least there team is mostly African

On 9/1/2022 at 3:32 PM, DieselnDust said:

well no matter how they do at least there team is mostly African

with an Italian named Kevin....

1 hour ago, lechatnoir said:

with an Italian named Kevin....

I did say mostly...:)

Which is the mandate they gave themselves. Its good to see them move back to that mandate.

Now just give those riders a future

so they pulled a guy into the top10

wonder if that is that, or something could happen 2023?

De Bod is out of contract end of this year

28 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

so they pulled a guy into the top10

wonder if that is that, or something could happen 2023?

De Bod is out of contract end of this year

Well the rest of the Tour of Britain will most likely be cancelled so that probably is that.

I saw an article a while ago that Astana were not renewing the contracts of 5 of their riders, Was hoping Stefan was not one of them. 

Reinhardt only had a contract till the end of this year with Lotto, but seems they wont have a WT team next year anyway as they fight the relegation battle alongside Impey and his team mates at ISN

37 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Well the rest of the Tour of Britain will most likely be cancelled so that probably is that.

I saw an article a while ago that Astana were not renewing the contracts of 5 of their riders, Was hoping Stefan was not one of them. 

Reinhardt only had a contract till the end of this year with Lotto, but seems they wont have a WT team next year anyway as they fight the relegation battle alongside Impey and his team mates at ISN

yes already cancelled, hence my post.

RjvR has seemingly done alright already, promotion relegation is FAR from over but things will clear a bit after the Vuelta hauls come in, with Mas scoring for Movistar and bizarrely superman lopez maybe even moving up to 3rd for Astana to be really clear of the pack.

96ae12efd39cf52188531edcf4437267e8058f08.jpg

4 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

yes already cancelled, hence my post.

RjvR has seemingly done alright already, promotion relegation is FAR from over but things will clear a bit after the Vuelta hauls come in, with Mas scoring for Movistar and bizarrely superman lopez maybe even moving up to 3rd for Astana to be really clear of the pack.

96ae12efd39cf52188531edcf4437267e8058f08.jpg

Team ISN must really be thinking what could have been if Impey had gone to SA Champs and African Continental Champs where RjvR scored points. Not sure how many points and how much difference it would make, But would be more than the gamble they took on Woods which got them none. Also, Seems Sagans team are now gonners for good, Perhaps I've missed it, But is there any talks of a new team for him next season?

26 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Team ISN must really be thinking what could have been if Impey had gone to SA Champs and African Continental Champs where RjvR scored points. Not sure how many points and how much difference it would make, But would be more than the gamble they took on Woods which got them none. Also, Seems Sagans team are now gonners for good, Perhaps I've missed it, But is there any talks of a new team for him next season?

it depends. the rankings only take your top10 riders points, looks like DI is about 18th on their list so maybe wouldn't have made a difference even if he won.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the opportunity to meet RjvR at a wedding this weekend - he stayed in the room next to us and also sat at our table.  What a top guy.  So down to earth, not a hint of arrogance whatsoever.  I kind of imagined a bit of a Mark Cavendish type of character - but couldn't have been more wrong!

• 1 month later...

What better place than bikehub for some Monday fun ....

Resurrecting old threads, floggin dead horses and speculating ....

I'll start 😉

What's all this rumours of Dougie jumping ship and nogal working with the Shark???? 

Some more info...

Nibali reveals 14 riders on new cycling teamNibali reveals 14 riders on new cycling team31. October 2022 07:59 Photo: Unipublic / CxclingafChristian Frese
Doug Ryder's new professional crew is taking shape.

Doug Ryder's new ProTeam Q36.5 Pro Cycling Team is ready to hit the air.

According to Vincenzo Nibali, who has been attached to the team as a technical consultant, 23 riders have now signed with the team.

“My days are really intense. I spend a lot of time on the computer sending and receiving emails. The phone calls have piled up. Mentally it is stressful. I continue to get up very early, just like I did when I had to train for the classics," Nibali told Tuttosport.

According to the Italian media, Nibali confirms the following riders among the 23:

Matteo Badilatti (Groupama-FDJ)

Filippo Colombo (current MTB rider)

Gianluca Brambilla and Matteo Moschetti (Trek-Segafredo)

Filippo Conca (Lotto Soudal)

Alessandro Fedeli (Eolo-Kometa)

Antonio Puppio (Israel Development Team)

Nicolò Parisini (Team Qhubeka)

Walter Calzoni (Gallina-Ecotek)

Jack Bauer and Damien Howson (BikeExchange)

Tom Devriendt (Intermarché)

Mark Donovan (Team DSM)

Jonas Rapp (Hrinkow Advarics Continental)

According to Nibali, the remaining riders will be announced at the beginning of November. Ryder will act as the team's manager, while Gabriele Missaglia, Piotr Wadecki, Alex Sans Vega and Aart Vierhouten are sporting directors.

The Q36.5 Pro Cycling Team, as the team has registered as in the license application to the UCI, will ride on a Swiss licence.

Edited by Eldron

3 minutes ago, babse said:

Filippo Colombo? But he is young and promising... 🤨

Hopefully they have him on a shared road/mtb programme. It seems to be an acceptable thing to do now that road cycling is out of the dark ages...