WHY WHY WHY

Sammajoor

Howzit Sammajoor, long time no hear. It's a blast from the past.

Jip, I'm so glad I do not ride in the Cradle, sounds like a fight for survival there. I'll rather face the tour Busses, irate Mommy's and aspiring motorcycle racers on Chapmans peak.

As shocking as it is, unfortunately sometime you cant blame the motorists as there are still a lot of cyclists who believe that the cycle lanes are not for them.

That said, one can never condone blatant acts from motorists. Guess we all put our lives on the line every time we saddle up. 

Just read in the Beeld about riders being targeted by motorists in the Cradle of Humankind AGAIN.

When will it stop??  We all have a right to use the road, but apparently some @ssholes believe that as a motorist they are gods and we mere mortals.

Sounds like a douche in a Humvee too.

https://www.netwerk24.com/Nuus/Algemeen/fietsryer-met-opset-raak-gery-20180605

can't read that article without logging in?

So many people riding with action cameras at the moment.Go have a look at your footage from if you rode in the area.Ask friends to do the same that ride in that area.

As shocking as it is, unfortunately sometime you cant blame the motorists as there are still a lot of cyclists who believe that the cycle lanes are not for them.

That said, one can never condone blatant acts from motorists. Guess we all put our lives on the line every time we saddle up. 

As shocking as it may seem there is NEVER a reason for a motorist to take the law into his own hands.

I can't read the article because auto translate doesn't work on a jpeg  :ph34r:

hahaa I also tried but I managed to dust off what little afrikaans I learnt at school.

Gist of the story - arsehole swerving around, crossing into the yellow line - knocked the guy and drove off. His mirror was taken off - so hopefully maybe that can be used to trace the driver. The guy was riding with his kid too - that must have been super scary. 

careful out there you guys.

Cyclist Hit and Run in the Cradle on Sunday. 
Please help us find a Silver Hummer H3 that hit Mark Pretorius on Sunday morning and sped off. The vehicle will have no Left Hand Side mirror as it was driven off when hitting Mark. His right elbow is fractured. Please share as we need to find this savage!!! Happened around 11:23

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1007635532613664/

Shocking comments on Netwerk24! It's almost as if they think cyclists deserve to be killed by motorists!