94.7 rubbish compulsory entry survey

Furbz

please can someone explain why they need to know my education level, monthly income, designation at work etc etc etc

what a load of rubbish. it actually stopped me filling in the form and entering. i'd rather catch a late entry/substitution than be force to fill out this crap.

please can someone explain why they need to know my education level, monthly income, designation at work etc etc etc

what a load of rubbish. it actually stopped me filling in the form and entering. i'd rather catch a late entry/substitution than be force to fill out this crap.

Then do that

The last option on all those questions will cover the answer if you don't want to respond with your personal information. You can choose "Don't Know / Refuse to refuse to specify"

Market research. 

Info sold to 3rd parties to better understand target markets and improve sales.

its for Status Purposes... so they can make the Race better suited to you.

Not filling it in is like not Voting and then complain that the Government is not working for you

Not filling it in is like not Voting and then complain that the Government is not working for you

or to check that the vast majority or riders can afford to pay a higher entry fee for next year...

or to check that the vast majority or riders can afford to pay a higher entry fee for next year...

Tin Foil hat much?

At the price we pay for all things cycling related, they don't really need to do research into how stupid we are. . .

That information is not required to deliver what they are selling. I would also be very careful as to what info you put online, as security in SA is generally very lax. 

Another fun alternative to the doom and gloom is that they may use the information to help promote initiatives to get lesser privileged people involved in the events and into cycling. Or to help prove that their initiatives are working. . .

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Monday treating you well I see

#firstworldproblems

The last option on all those questions will cover the answer if you don't want to respond with your personal information. You can choose "Don't Know / Refuse to refuse to specify"

Or just lie.

Another fun alternative to the doom and gloom is that they may use the information to help promote initiatives to get lesser privileged people involved in the events and into cycling. Or to help prove that their initiatives are working. . .

Everything in SA is now about this, soon the privileged will fall into that category too !

Market research. 

Info sold to 3rd parties to better understand target markets and improve sales.

This^^^ just makes our lives easier so we have to mine and scrape less, especially for specific markets like cycling.(that being said suunto and strava do a lot for us already)

We have more valuable data sets and capture more than you guys realize buy ya data is money.

That information is not required to deliver what they are selling. I would also be very careful as to what info you put online, as security in SA is generally very lax. 

Pfft the private companies are more careful with their data than the government, remember the government had one of their 30 odd gig backups with over 20million ID numbers and possible title deeds freely available to download by accident last year.

Private companies know the value in the data and will protect it especially from competitors.

This^^^ just makes our lives easier so we have to mine and scrape less, especially for specific markets like cycling.(that being said suunto and strava do a lot for us already)

We have more valuable data sets and capture more than you guys realize buy ya data is money.

Pfft the private companies are more careful with their data than the government, remember the government had one of their 30 odd gig backups with over 20million ID numbers and possible title deeds freely available to download by accident last year.

Private companies know the value in the data and will protect it especially from competitors.

Am guessing Liberty will be the exception to the norm of safety of data....

Archived