Wahoo / Strava to earn Vitality points

I will test this tonight, however the last time i tried it did not work this simply due to Discovery reading a file that strava (and all devices and platforms) writes to the health app and the whole reason Discovery got rid of Strava was due to dodgy uploads/fake rides being made on Strava.

The beautiful thing is that we are the kind pressurising guys that ask daily for the integration progress. When we hear, you will all hear, as I am sure they will be happy to tell you too! :D 

Will test tonight and revert tomorrow for you all though.

ELEMNT app also links directly to Health app so this is why it might also be working for me.

No need for the Strava step actually.

post-97247-0-99155100-1563975039_thumb.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct. Will go through ZWIFT to Discovery if you are using the Garmin device at the same time, but if you are not, then will upload only your data to Garmin connect but then not on from there.

thanks - now that i recall i was using both at the time so you are spot on.

thanks - so there seems to be some workaround options i could try for the 2 workouts not recorded on the device.

going forward probably easier to continue recording on both the device and zwift which is a duplication but it is what it is i suppose.......the things we do for vitality points!

That's what I have to do when using Zwift. I've tried everything else but no go

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All, 

Just a quick update on this front. We've been working with that company that does all data testing for Vitality and we estimate to be a close to the final integration. Our hope is to have everything up and running bu end of September. 

Your local Wahooligan

Christian 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there all.

Been searching the forums with absolutely no luck.

Is the any way at all to earn Vitality points by making use of a Wahoo Elemnt or linking your Strava Account with your Vitality profile?

Would greatly appreciate any advice or assistance on this matter.

Thanks.

Jackson.

Hello All, 

Just a quick update on this front. We've been working with that company that does all data testing for Vitality and we estimate to be a close to the final integration. Our hope is to have everything up and running bu end of September. 

Your local Wahooligan

Christian 

Gauging by previous units, that's about when my current Garmin will start to have software issues or develop a blue screen or just stop working for no apparent reason...

• 4 weeks later...

Help me understand why, if one has a Garmin account, that one wouldn’t use the device to record the workout - even though Zwift can upload the same workout. Discovery have made it clear, as well as many other users on this forum, that Strava, Zwift, and other programs/apps aren’t accepted.

======================================

I have an Apple Watch that Discovery are paying for, and they regularly remind me to sync using the health app, if I want to get points. But that isn’t my device of choice for workouts, riding, running, etc. That device would be my trusty Garmin(s).

I have two Garmin accounts, one being my “live” account that ALL my rides, runs, walks, workouts, etc., syncs with. The other is my “Vitality” account that I upload rides/runs to after exporting from the “live” account. 199 consecutive weeks of meeting the weekly goal using that “second” account. All it requires is a bit of effort.

No manipulation of data, but rather the simple process of: export, unzip, and import.

I have two devices and use both on all most rides, as I’ve occasionally forgotten to charge the 735XT, so the 310XT is only there as a backup. I only upload if there was a problem with the 735XT - which is usually a user problem and not a device problem.

My Apple Watch, as my daily use watch that records steps, if needed, and only once for a run when I forgot my Garmin at home.

So, while we wait for this new integration feature which will hopefully be released soon, what is the best workaround?

I have a Garmin Edge 25 that I use for my outdoor cycling. Are you guys suggesting that I should hook my indoor trainer up to the Garmin as well as my PC (Which I use for Zwift), and then the Garmins data will be accepted for Vitality?

If that's correct, is that generally the best way of doing this? I've got my Zwift set up to sync to Garmin Connect, but Vitality doesn't seem to accept the rides that way. Is there a trick to making it work that way? Or must I do the previous solution

So, while we wait for this new integration feature which will hopefully be released soon, what is the best workaround?

I have a Garmin Edge 25 that I use for my outdoor cycling. Are you guys suggesting that I should hook my indoor trainer up to the Garmin as well as my PC (Which I use for Zwift), and then the Garmins data will be accepted for Vitality?

If that's correct, is that generally the best way of doing this? I've got my Zwift set up to sync to Garmin Connect, but Vitality doesn't seem to accept the rides that way. Is there a trick to making it work that way? Or must I do the previous solution

Do what you need to do to qualify with vitality and that is record your Zwift workouts with your garmin!

It is not difficut to understand and is what all of us do whether riding outside or doing a workout on zwift/Rouvy/Trainerroad or any other of the training apps available.

We record workouts with the garmin for discovery, zwift recording is for zwift

Hi. Any more info/update on the Wahoo integration? Will be so cool if this feature works!

We have a final date from the company that does the validation process for Vitality set at end of October. 

We're working hard to ensure this happens as soon as possible. 

Your local Wahooligan 

We have a final date from the company that does the validation process for Vitality set at end of October. 

We're working hard to ensure this happens as soon as possible. 

Your local Wahooligan 

Nice, now everyone can buy Wahoos(at good prices) and bitch out points not reflecting on the discovery site.

Yes - that's what i do - I run TR off a tablet which syncs with Strava, this only because i use intervals.icu which only takes strava data to keep updated.

I have a GARMIN 520 i use for IDT and outrides. It syncs with Garmin Connect = vitality points for both IDT sessions and outrides based on HR data.

The Garmin data from IDT sessions also uploads to strava effectively giving me 2 workout sessions at the same time (1 from the garmin and 1 from TR) so i delete the garmin session from strava after it uploads.

This for me is the simplest way of getting my data into all the places i need. The added benefit is, my Garmin picks up the Kickr data as well via Ant+ - so on Garmin connect it records power, spd, Cad etc.  

at the moment I use the garmin to record every ride whether on the IDT with Zwift or out on the road or trail. Its the only way Vitality will award the points. You have to use a recognised device. They get away with it because they offer discounts on those products if you purchase through their online store or walk in partners (sportsmanswarehouse, etc)

Does anyone else use the Garmin Edge 25 with a Wahoo trainer? I haven't been able to get the Garmin to connect to the trainer. Wondering if its possible at all