Shocking Checkers SA

stringbean

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one has mentioned the socks in the background with the bicycles on. Who they copying there?

Oooh I missed those. Might just swing by Checkers to get a pair of socks with bicycles on them.

Imagine if the buyer at checkers is actually a cyclist, and reading this thread....

Edit: I looked on Google, couldn't find identical bicycle pattern socks. Phew.

Edited by PhilipV

Oooh I missed those. Might just swing by Checkers to get a pair of socks with bicycles on them.

Imagine if the buyer at checkers is actually a cyclist, and reading this thread....

Edit: I looked on Google, couldn't find identical bicycle pattern socks. Phew.

Their Marketing Director is a good cyclist.....

Thats what I would have done.

This is now the second time that this lady is causing brand damage for Versus.

They should leave the Social Media up to Hanno and Jurgens....

This Mrs should be introduced to Mrs Froome ... :whistling:

Seems like the competition in the cycling world goes to the heads of the WAGs

If everyone wore short socks like real men, we wouldn't be having this pointless debate.

No jelly beans on the toes for the 'jelly bean' dressers?

I thought boere wore knee high socks with combs tucked in?

Cycling in khaki safari suits and grasshoppers is really uncomfortable... or so I deduce

No jelly beans on the toes for the 'jelly bean' dressers?

I cycle with actual jelly beans inside my socks under my toes to promote a smoothe, symmetric pedal action.

I thought boere wore knee high socks with combs tucked in?

The bicyclists tuck banana in sock where comb normally sits, depends on distance, koeksusters for rides longer than 40km.

There's a large amount of chinese imports in south africa of which the chinese also breach design copyrights, yet the buyers/importers in south africa are blissfully unaware or often just don't care.

On this point. I started a sock business too last year, because of the type of sock(non slip) which was mainly made for Football and cricket, and some rugby players use it too, We were forced to have it manufactured in China as nobody in South Africa has the machine to apply the non slip silicone to the socks.

Long story short, I designed my own sock, the lines used on my sock which would distinguish my socks from other non slip sock companies I designed myself, I have the drawings done in pencil with dimensions and everything, this was sent to the manufacturer and they made a few samples before we settled on a final product, fast forward 6 months down the line and a buddy of mine finds my exact sock design, same lines, same dimensions, EXACT SAME NON SLIP SOCK, minus my company name across the toe area of the socks, online on a chinese website selling them as "non slip basketball socks".. The factory themselves who manufactured our socks then manufactured a whole bunch more for a online store, nothing different to MY SOCKS WHICH I PERSONALLY DESIGNED besides that they left off my company name on the toe area!!

Point is, there is nothing which can be done really.. Like has been said before, Versus arent the 1st company to come with Jelly Bean socks and wont be the last, And like I was told, there is nothing I can do to the supplier who decided to sell MY design as their own...

Thats the problem right there. Out sourcing it to china or any other country. I can understand why etc, but the moment you get something made in china, you can forget about any copyright or trade mark.

A buddy of mine started up a business. He is also manufacturing but he took a huge risk and went and bought the machines to make his product.