Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

How does having a tyre lever help then? I was just looking at the backup Scott team and how much he had to fight the tyre now to get the seal to break and he is not using a tyre lever yet either?

It depends on the tyre lever. I get the tyre of easily with a metal tyre level from my Topeak multitool. It's thin and stiff . You just need to get the lip in and you're in business.

The thick plastic levers are much harder to insert under the bead

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on the tyre lever. I get the tyre of easily with a metal tyre level from my Topeak multitool. It's thin and stiff . You just need to get the lip in and you're in business.

The thick plastic levers are much harder to insert under the bead

Maybe you should consider joining Scott Sram as a tire consultant.

Am sure they would welcome your wealth of knowledge

Training ride.... And race situation a bit different scenario tho

Let’s see Sagan (sorry Gen) or any other road pro fit a tube during a stage race.... putting a pre prepared tubby on is easy but I suspect we would see a lot more bike throwing if the roadies had to do this..... plus carry their own spares

Sure but original comment was about having I skills in the current situation. Ie pro roadies not being able to do the job.

Also there is that video of the 1 pro lady in a CX race if my old brain remembers correctly changing a tubby mid race.

Sure but original comment was about having I skills in the current situation. Ie pro roadies not being able to do the job.

Also there is that video of the 1 pro lady in a CX race if my old brain remembers correctly changing a tubby mid race.

Yeah Katie Compton showing the skills and strength of The Hulk

Very impressive ????????‍♀️

Cannondale boys over 4minutes behind already..looks like its going to become a bit more before the end of the stage

Cannondale boys over 4minutes behind already..looks like its going to become a bit more before the end of the stage

Manuel is taking serious strain

Tail whips ..man those were big ones.

A joy watching Nino go downhill..[emoji2956]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Woopsie too much fun.. Forster had a little off on that DH.. all sorted no damage done

CANNONDALE are 5:26 back at the last check.

Great ride from the Buys and Beukes..esp Beukes the guy is suffering like mad but giving it all to stay with them.

I'm gonna assume the live tracking isn't so live? It shows Scott already having a 5.2km lead over Cannondale. I know Fumic had a washout early in the stage and Scott's lead on the stage grew to around 1min15sec, but they pulled it back to around 1min what I last heard.

Scott winning the Epic. Through no skill of their own thanks to Cannondale's bad luck.

Putting a 'pre prepared' on may be easy but taking the old one off. Now there's a job my friend!

Trust me I've done it a few times lately, long story why ...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Your supposed use tubby glue or contact adhesive not prately 3:1

Changed a few myself, but always in the comfort of home never on the road during a race

I’d say mtb tubeless are definitely more of a pain to replace / fix on the ride compared to road tubbies or clinchers

Archived