Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

Those numbers mean nothing without information on what they were when you started your training, You could be ready to give Gaze a hiding or you could be in big trouble.

Gaze gives himself a hiding all on his own...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always laughed when people ask advice about the Epic or other races. They explain their whole dilemma and how hard they have tried. I say well done and good work. Then the big question... Have I done enough? I look bewildered at them. My first thought is to say no and they should hand me their entry for free. But then I get real and talk. First question is always are you still going to do it? The answer is always a resounding Yes. My next piece of advice seems to take them by surprise. I just say go and enjoy it and at the end you come and tell me if you did enough training. That seems to always work. 

My favorite question from anyone is always... Have I done enough training.  :whistling:

People tend to overthink it I guess

Those numbers mean nothing without information on what they were when you started your training, You could be ready to give Gaze a hiding or you could be in big trouble.

The graft as a nice steady upward trend ,so i guess it is good then .I will be as ready as i am going to be .I just want to reduce the suffering to the least amount .I have trained more than for my other stage races i have done and i survived them all 

It is fairly easy to control the suffering = just control your output. "Race"according to your fitness and preparation. Go too fast....and you will blow and suffer. Be in your zone and you will enjoy it. If you are racing full out, there is no hiding and suffering is part of the equation.

If it's your first one and you're a mid-pack rider, try and sit back and enjoy. 150th or 199th or 263rd. Makes absolutely no difference in the end. Nobody will ask or know the difference.

Test and challenge yourself with your partner in mind. Good luck and enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

CAn I make the first suggestion for this year, if your stomach is running, or youre kotsing, plz keep your matha Faken hands out of the food baskets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay away from everyone and everything! Thx in advance, running Cape Cobras 2.35 front and 2.2 back this year...

CAn I make the first suggestion for this year, if your stomach is running, or youre kotsing, plz keep your matha Faken hands out of the food baskets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay away from everyone and everything! Thx in advance, running Cape Cobras 2.35 front and 2.2 back this year...

Use probiotic tablets the entire week before and during epic, works great to prevent stomach issues Edited by Twaatie

I will give you a tip... I have done it 3 times and all three years there was a bug issue. Wash your hands a lot. Then wash them again. Keep to yourself. Less worry about everyone else and more worry about what you get up to. Never ever rely on anyone to be careful. They normally don't know they are sick until it is too late. 

Good luck and enjoy it. Again!!

Thats great advice, but how do you know im doing it "again"????

Your post... #86

Erm... where all my epic lions at? The champs of 2019!!!?? The chosen ones!!! The time has come, for us to unite once more!! Glory awaits!!!!!!!!

Whys everyone so stil man? 

Youre kinda sharp bru. 

Have we started with race predictions yet or should I go a few pages back?

If not, here is my top 5 teams as well as my darkhorse team:

1st: Fumic / Avancini or Schurter & Co

3rd: Spez (Kulharvy & Co)

4th: Urs & Stibi

5th: Centurion Vaude

Darkhorse team for the win: Urs & Co

Ladies:

1st: Anika & Co

2nd: Lill & Co (hope they win actually)

3rd: Ghost girls

Anybody looking for a last minute partner? I lost my job and have some time on my hands.

Fairly fit....should be enough to get into a sub 250th position, if needed.

Limited budget though....for obvious reasons. Live in CT so getting there and about is no issue.

Hit me up boys....or girls. Let chat

Anybody looking for a last minute partner? I lost my job and have some time on my hands.

Fairly fit....should be enough to get into a sub 250th position, if needed.

Limited budget though....for obvious reasons. Live in CT so getting there and about is no issue.

Hit me up boys....or girls. Let chat

I'll offer up my services as well!

• 2 weeks later...