Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the riders got ahead, before the finish line. So the second rider sped up, the the front rider almost stopped so the back rider clipped his left bar(brake) locking the front and crashed. Directly from the horses mouth. 

attachicon.giftrek.png

Aaah man, I missed this. Anyone have more details please?

shots fired!!!

54421002_830925180603710_682786003187505

Curious as to why they are using the Epic logo on their events promotional image?

It's close but isn't

Not close, exactly.

Just not as visible because of the dark background but "listen carefully now" and you will see the black chainrings.

post-4352-0-99231700-1553945523.jpg

post-4352-0-44839200-1553945536.jpg

Went this morning to ride Helderberg. Coming downhill I noticed how the Epic riders had modified our beloved trails. Lots of brake bumps on the berms, and that berm on which Lars fell had a massive rut right on the normal riding line.

But I still enjoyed the ride. Perfect riding weather today.

Went this morning to ride Helderberg. Coming downhill I noticed how the Epic riders had modified our beloved trails. Lots of brake bumps on the berms, and that berm on which Lars fell had a massive rut right on the normal riding line.

But I still enjoyed the ride. Perfect riding weather today.

Yeah, it is so loose there now. Just dust around every corner from aloooot of okes draging brakes where they should not have. Luckily they didn't go down any of the fun lines at the top ;)

Yeah, it is so loose there now. Just dust around every corner from aloooot of okes draging brakes where they should not have. Luckily they didn't go down any of the fun lines at the top ;)

“draging brakes where they should not have” ja ok pal..

“draging brakes where they should not have” ja ok pal..

Well brakes were clearly locked in the middle of all the berms - is that where they should be used?

Archived