Bad bike services

Zein

Welcome to Le Hub.

So... what's the damage? What did you take it in to have done, and what was done/not done/damaged? Would be easier to suggest a course of action if we know the nature of the damage.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The shop was Bike Addict it Malmesbury Western Cape.

I have a giant trance 2, nothing fancy but still. The broke the rebound setting on my fork and wouldn't own up to it! I spoke with a Richard who is in charge of booking services. He then told me to speak to a Johan. I'm not clear on his position but must be high up. He then told me that i have a cheap piece op sh!t bike and they work on much better bikes.

I struggled to get them to call me or even return my calls!

Then he went on a rant and said that im lying and should f*ck off. I tolf him he runs a sh!t company and and he repeatedly called me a p*es afterwords

I sent it in for pivot and BB bearings and a major service.

I'm struggling to post photos. Sorry about that but I would gladly send you photos: 079 878 7342

The reason we all asked the question about what you asked them to do is to figure out when things went wrong.

A major service generally speaking does not include any work on suspension - did they work on the suspension? In what way is the rebound setting broken on the fork - that is genrally something that is only touched when a full damper rebuild is done (which would be sent to Omnico if it's a Fox fork, and not done at a bike shop).

The shop was Bike Addict it Malmesbury Western Cape.

I have a giant trance 2, nothing fancy but still. The broke the rebound setting on my fork and wouldn't own up to it! I spoke with a Richard who is in charge of booking services. He then told me to speak to a Johan. I'm not clear on his position but must be high up. He then told me that i have a cheap piece op **** bike and they work on much better bikes.

I struggled to get them to call me or even return my calls!

Then he went on a rant and said that im lying and should f*ck off. I tolf him he runs a **** company and and he repeatedly called me a p*es afterwords

I also have a giant Trance2. The Fox 32 has a rebound knob that is very finicky, fragile and prone to break. Mine broke, was fixed under warranty. If it's out of warranty then it's an easy component to replace by a COMPETENT mechanic. Sommer do a fork service while you are at it.

I'd suggest taking it to someone like Louis Knipe in Durbanville, because you have already lost confidence in bike addict. It seems that there is no chance of any goodwill being salvaged. Cut your losses, take your future business elsewhere. Unless you have proof somehow that they broke it, you'll struggle to get anything out of BA.

Oh, Johann is the owner.

Honestly not sure how to upload pictures.

I just need advice on where to make this public because I think it is unacceptable

Well you have come to the right place. 

I just love how helpful everyone is being to get pics uploaded. 

Was this a new bike? 

Had you just done a stage race?

I'll whats app you for this pics and post for you.

Edited by Pure Savage

Have had some sh#t service from them as well on the sale's side it's just simple I never go back and I build a couple of bikes a year for myself and friends. Can also recommend Louis Knipe from Knipe Racing.

Bro that is horrible.. Fixing the picture problem is easy though.

Google 'how to reply with a picture on Bikehub' and a full tutorial and step by step instruction manual WITH pictures pops up.

Don't give up on this. It's worth learning how so you can post derogatory cartoons and memes in a few months time when a new Hub Noob comes with a similar old leather 1st post!

dc9b1481af411e36c77804576f407135.jpg

b8bc66c9d73380b40cd3c14de42592e7.jpg

1c1de1a80c2bdcd7cb3f704569e5e255.jpg

Zein can comment on above chips etc

Is that damage from them removing your bearings? Holy shyte that's bad! Looks like someone tried to remove it with a butter knife.

Edited by I_my_own_bike

Ah Bike-Addict, the place where your kids can't touch a kid's bike without getting a "can you please get your kids to stop climbing on the bikes, they are new" comment.

Well, I did come here to buy a kid's bike, but ok, I will have my excited 4 year old shop with his eyes only.

Then, I am still waiting for my "call you Monday" call on the prices and availability of the 4 options for the said kid.

So from my experience there, I believe the OP. (not that that means anything)

Is that damage from them removing your bearings? Holy shyte that's bad! Looks like someone tried to remove it with a butter knife.

Yep only from replacing bearings! Thats why im so sad. It is a 2015 trance. I was so proud of the bike because it had no serious chip or pitmarks untill that happend

Yep only from replacing bearings! Thats why im so sad. It is a 2015 trance. I was so proud of the bike because it had no serious chip or pitmarks untill that happend

Id be pissed off too, then id break stuff in their shop.

Wow, that is shocking. I would take them to small claims court - you don't need a lawyer, and generally speaking the law sides with the consumer. If you have the time and don't mind the effort you may just come out with a win.