[Event] Coronation Double Century 2018

Mamil

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keen to ride, any team a mate and I can join? Fairly fit, I think...

Anyone still in need of a team member?

We're putting in a mixed team this year with podium ambitions. We have the current SA Ladies U23 Road champ, and 3 other rather hardcore ladies. We need a few more okes to get them to 170kms, and then be humble enough to have your ass handed to you as they out climb you on the final 3 climbs.

We did 5:08 last year, finishing as the second mixed team, and we'd like to improve on that.

Mixed Martial Arts experience is an added bonus.

We're putting in a mixed team this year with podium ambitions. We have the current SA Ladies U23 Road champ, and 3 other rather hardcore ladies. We need a few more okes to get them to 170kms, and then be humble enough to have your ass handed to you as they out climb you on the final 3 climbs.

We did 5:08 last year, finishing as the second mixed team, and we'd like to improve on that.

Hello Velouria

I am also looking for a Team.

Keen but unfortunately not that fit. If you have like a bit slower team let me know.

So with 1tonner soon approaching which is 170km...what would you consider as a benchmark time to complete 1tonner to qualify for your mixed team  :clap:

So with 1tonner soon approaching which is 170km...what would you consider as a benchmark time to complete 1tonner to qualify for your mixed team  :clap:

There is riding OneTonner in the bunch, not taking a turn, and getting a good time, or there is riding the OneTonner on the front of the bunch (or off the front of the bunch), producing litres of lactic acid, and fading to a quivering wreck and barely being able to ride back to the car park afterwards.

I'd choose the guy with latter approach.

(The reality is that we only need 3 guys to get to the finish with the ladies - the rest of us should be so broken that we have nothing left to give. The last 30kms at DC should take us two hours, and we should all vow to never ride bikes with ladies ever again!)

lol Mixed martial arts. Maybe look in Brakpan, sure you will find a few that can whip most asses but not in the cycling front lol

Just a difficult time of the year. Myself and gf would have def been interested but not to sure if im strong enough as im no Magnus lol

Edited by CharlesZ

lol Mixed martial arts. Maybe look in Brakpan, sure you will find a few that can whip most asses but not in the cycling front lol

Just a difficult time of the year. Myself and gf would have def been interested but not to sure if im strong enough as im no Magnus lol

I think it's those Brakpan okes that we're up against (I can't be too harsh on the East Randers, I'm a Benoni boy married to a Brakpan girl).

We're trying to fill the rather large and ominous hole that Magnus left in our team, but I doubt we'll find anyone nearly as talented or as imposing :(

We're trying to fill the rather large and ominous hole that Magnus left in our team, but I doubt we'll find anyone nearly as talented or as imposing :(

How nice and motivating for prospective new members :P

How nice and motivating for prospective new members :P

We've contacted all the other Paris-Roubaix winners, and even they were scared to replace Magnus. Prospective members shouldn't feel bad.

On the flip side, anyone who fancies themselves as a future Roubaix winner can test their form out in our mixed team.

We've contacted all the other Paris-Roubaix winners, and even they were scared to replace Magnus. Prospective members shouldn't feel bad.

On the flip side, anyone who fancies themselves as a future Roubaix winner can test their form out in our mixed team.

What about Magnus son?

He doesn't have a son, but he's got two daughters that are probably better bike riders than most of us here. And they're still juniors!

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2018-10-18.png

There you go, a 4th lady :)

Saw it on twitter, could not remember if it was a son or daughter. 

She came 3rd at world champs I think I remember seeing.

There you go, a 4th lady :)

Saw it on twitter, could not remember if it was a son or daughter. 

She came 3rd at world champs I think I remember seeing.

3rd in the ITT.

And she's a demon on the track.

But what to you expect when both of your parents were pro cyclists...