Dear Road Hog Jag F Pace Driver in Dale Lace Ave

Sven137

Why don't we try for reasonable debate instead of a stereotype finger pointing? Both sides might learn something....

We are...I am a biker and so is my son and I meant what I said.Stop policing what people say.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last time I commuted on my bike a lady in a gold Toyota Run X took great exception to me overtaking her in Camps Bay (Perfectly legal)

She then thought is prudent to UNDERTAKE me on that narrow stretch in Clifton on Victoria forcing me into oncoming traffic. Luckily i didn't end up under a bus.

When I pulled up next to her at the next traffic light the turned to me and screamed FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK YYYYYOOOOUUUUUUUUU.

Lovely.

No Mate

I am seriously sick of these Azzholes on the road thinking we cyclists are nothing...  I want to commute but am terrified... Republic Road, William Nicol and Sandton Drive. on the road ..

What the hell is wrong with these people.. it's insane their mentality... and people die...

Hi. Dont want to derail your post ...  I commute that route very often. Republic between Sandton and Jan Smuts has a dirt shoulder on the left when going down to Sandton, and a big pavement on the left when going back up Jan Smuts direction. I have seen taxis on the pavement but at least it's out of most cars' way.

I dont go Sandton drive. Cross to the other side of William Nocol with the traffic light at Republic, then stay on the pavement and turn off at Mattie. Then 9th and eventually 11th. That will take you right up to the Benmore shopping centre. From there you should be able to pick up some cycling lanes.

Happy commuting - be safe. And don't let the car drivers get to you. It's not worth it. 

PS the route of course only if you are commuting on a bicycle ... 

Trying to squeeze your way through traffic is dangerous and annoying, wait like everybody else  :ph34r:

This is where I tell you to go get F#$%ed.

I ride a motorcycle every single day of my life and like hell will I wait in queue of cars.

Youre probably the twat in the fortuner trying to cut us off and sideswipe us off the road.

The last time I commuted on my bike a lady in a gold Toyota Run X took great exception to me overtaking her in Camps Bay (Perfectly legal)

She then thought is prudent to UNDERTAKE me on that narrow stretch in Clifton on Victoria forcing me into oncoming traffic. Luckily i didn't end up under a bus.

When I pulled up next to her at the next traffic light the turned to me and screamed FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK YYYYYOOOOUUUUUUUUU.

Lovely.

You sure she did not precede her opinionated statement by "I want to..." ?

As far as I know, lane splitting is legal during peak hour traffic and u cant go faster than 20km/h more than traffic. I do stand corrected on this.

Lane splitting is NOT illegal in South Africa.

In some countries it is but here it isnt.

Loads of courteous people on the roads which is pleasant, then you get the knob jockeys that just wanna prove a point and make you wait. It always upsets them more when they try so hard but you ride around them on the other side and thank them for the space.

We are...I am a biker and so is my son and I meant what I said.Stop policing what people say.

Fair point.

and while everyone is griping about lane splitting and middle fingers, a taxi is busting a red light and racing up either the pavement, or just sommer in the oncoming lane, and that.ladies and gents, does not even raise an eyebrow?

Huh?

You sure she did not precede her opinionated statement by "I want to..." ?

Hahaha. No.

She was obliviously having a VERY bad morning. And judging by the state of her car she clearly bought in to the Rubbin is Racin moniker. 

Loads of courteous people on the roads which is pleasant, then you get the knob jockeys that just wanna prove a point and make you wait. It always upsets them more when they try so hard but you ride around them on the other side and thank them for the space.

Ahhhh egos. The world would be a better place without them. I've never understood the idea of blocking motorbikes - what possible advantage do you get out of it other than a little selfish giggle?

Well that's the thing. How does a motorcycle lane splitting, affect you sat in a car? I can't understand the rage towards this. Yes, many motorcyclists speed, have no plates and weave in and out of traffic like utter nutcases, but many others don't, and follow the rules of the road. This is the same thing as all cyclists being labelled knob-heads who don't stop at red lights/stop signs. Baffles my mind.

and while everyone is griping about lane splitting and middle fingers, a taxi is busting a red light and racing up either the pavement, or just sommer in the oncoming lane, and that.ladies and gents, does not even raise an eyebrow?

Huh?

I see your taxi and raise you global warming. Or nuclear war. 

So that means taxis skipping lights shouldn't even raise an eyebrow right?

Ahhhh egos. The world would be a better place without them. I've never understood the idea of blocking motorbikes - what possible advantage do you get out of it other than a little selfish giggle?

Its vindictive,selfish and mean...the same as those self righteous poepols in the right hand lane

Well that's the thing. How does a motorcycle lane splitting, affect you sat in a car? I can't understand the rage towards this. Yes, many motorcyclists speed, have no plates and weave in and out of traffic like utter nutcases, but many others don't, and follow the rules of the road. This is the same thing as all cyclists being labelled knob-heads who don't stop at red lights/stop signs. Baffles my mind.

It does scare the bejeerbers out of a few people I know.

They're sh!t scared of hitting bikers and that makes them more nervous drivers.

Its vindictive,selfish and mean...the same as those self righteous poepols in the right hand lane

A number of right laners I've seen are too busy day dreaming or on their phone to realise where they are and what they're doing!

A weeks therapy in Maputo rush hour traffic on how to share the road should be compulsory for all road users in South Africa...especially Capetonians

Archived